replied
    Re: A trip down memory lane

What was the question?

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
    I believe it is to do with how much a percentage of your life a year is now compared to then. When I was 10, obvs, it was 10% - now it is less than 2%...
    Yep , that's it !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• zabadak
    replied

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
    There is an explanation sadly can't remember it

I believe it is to do with how much a percentage of your life a year is now compared to then. When I was 10, obvs, it was 10% - now it is less than 2%...

Leave a comment:

• staffslad
    replied

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
    Yeah we only got sent home once in Winter when the heating broke down and it was snowing. We got evacuated to the local church once when we found a WWII bomb in the hedgerow and carried it to the headmaster's office, we didn't realise what it was, the bomb squad came out.

That must have given your headmaster a bit of a shock

Leave a comment:

• Mulletino
    replied

Yeah we only got sent home once in Winter when the heating broke down and it was snowing. We got evacuated to the local church once when we found a WWII bomb in the hedgerow and carried it to the headmaster's office, we didn't realise what it was, the bomb squad came out.

Leave a comment:

• staffslad
    replied

Can anyone remember being sent home from school due to bad weather or school being cancelled altogether? Nowadays, schools seem to close rather easily, yet I can't recall a single instance of my schools not opening due to bad weather. Once, at secondary school, the heating system broke down in the middle of winter and after getting to school we were sent home after about half an hour as it was bitterly cold in the classrooms, but that is about it.

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
    Yes I remember the Autumn term at school was a real grind as it normally meant learning a load of new things.
    I love it when we've got the autumn term out of the way

Suddenly it's Easter then Summer holz

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
    Definitely the years seem to go quicker. As a child, Christmas seemed to take an age coming round, but nowadays it is here and gone in a flash.
    Yes I remember the Autumn term at school was a real grind as it normally meant learning a load of new things.

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

Apologies that this question probably excludes the majority but who has memories of Belle vue in the 60s/70s ,it is in the Hyde district of Manchester and in its heyday it was a funfair/zoo/speedway venue/greyhound racing/and concert venue?
    I know the funfair and zoo closed in the 70s but i think the speedway and greyhound tracks are ongoing, the concert venue was called Kings hall,i saw Thin lizzy and Supertramp here around 76/77 but i suspect it is now gone

Leave a comment:

• staffslad
    replied

Definitely the years seem to go quicker. As a child, Christmas seemed to take an age coming round, but nowadays it is here and gone in a flash.

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

There is an explanation sadly can't remember it

Leave a comment:

• Moonraker
    replied

Yes.
    When I was at school, the years 7 to 11 (age 11 to 15) appeared to be far longer than the last five years (2014 to end of 2018).
    Cannot really explain it.

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

Well another Christmas has come and gone. Soon another year will have passed. Do others here feel as I.. that every year seems to pass quicker than the last?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X