June Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June Brown

June Brown who played Dot Cotton in EastEnders has died aged 95 years, She died at her home in Surrey on Sunday 3/4/22 with her family by her side.
    Rest in Peace.
    Heather

Very sad news indeed.
    I saw her in an episode of minder the other day.
    R i p jb.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
      Very sad news indeed.
      I saw her in an episode of minder the other day.
      R i p jb.
      Indeed very sad news.

i just loved how June Brown and other actors like Wendy Richard who began very early in EastEnders got the fame when they had only had small parts or not many as was the case with Wendy, par in Are You Being Served ... it was amazing these very small parts propelled people like Wendy and June to the fame, the richly deserved and offers hope for all of us I think

RIP June Brown

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post

Indeed very sad news.

i just loved how June Brown and other actors like Wendy Richard who began very early in EastEnders got the fame when they had only had small parts or not many as was the case with Wendy, par in Are You Being Served ... it was amazing these very small parts propelled people like Wendy and June to the fame, the richly deserved and offers hope for all of us I think

RIP June Brown
        The production team took a gamble by mostly casting unknowns for most of the original Eastenders regulars & it paid off.

A lot of people who worked on the early years of Eastenders went to on create Eldorado, which similarly had a cast of actors not well known, but it didn't work out so well. Some were inexperienced at working on TV & weren't used to the production methods.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
        X