Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats your oldest working electrical appliance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats your oldest working electrical appliance?

I Have A Old Radio which has features like aircraft radio and marine radio i don't think you still get them radio stations on there no more but i can get Heart and radio one on it though,also i have an 1960's travel iron which still works.

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

I blew up a Kenwood blender by using it to do mash the other week. It was my nana's and must be a 1970's model.

My mum has her Kenwood food mixer still. No idea if it still is used, and it's a 60's model.

I have a corded (and therefor unused pretty much unless drilling holes in Victorian engineer's brick) Bosch drill from 1986. And a D/W that has done a daily wash for the last 12 years, which is going some. I notice that no-one has an old auto washer, not that surprising, really as they only live 5 years. They're built that way deliberately and it's a crime.

My LG has a 10 year guarantee on the direct drive motor but it cost an arm and a leg.

Oh but there's an LED watch from I think the late 70's. Needs a battery. Very retro.

Comment

The Samsung microwave oven at home has been in use since 1985. Never had any problem with it. My parents say it's better than any of the new microwaves they've bought since giving it away to me.

Comment

I've got an old mixer that I inherited from my grandparents when they went in homes. It looks like something you'd find in the Fallout games, but it mixes by Yorkshire pudding batter well enough. The noise it makes is incredibly loud, something that loud would never get through all the EU laws now, seriously, it's like someone revving a 2 stroke engine.

Comment

i have a massive 1978 sony portable radio cassette-corder with a nice big 8" woofer on it-kicks butt

Comment

Cheating a bit here cause it belongs to my mum but I'm sure she won't mind me mentioning her 1965 Coffee Perculator.....yes the one shaped like a ceramic jug with the glass lid on the top....I re-wired it a few years ago and still makes lovely coffee through its permanent stainless steel filter.

Comment

SANYO VTC 5300 AS PICTURED BELOW IS MY OLDEST WORKING ELECTRICAL APPLIIANCE.

Attached Files
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post

Wow - this is some beast of a machine Darren!!! They sure don't maker Video Machines like so anymore sadly

Any electrical items made like so represent qaulity without doubt I find/feel\

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                    Wow - this is some beast of a machine Darren!!! They sure don't maker Video Machines like so anymore sadly

Any electrical items made like so represent qaulity without doubt I find/feel\

80sChav
                    My Gran had a video like that, but with tape recorder style control keys that needed a hard press to click down.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

YES IT WAS A BEAST OF A MACHINE BUT MANY EARLY VCR'S WHERE LIKE THAT.

ALSO HAVE THIS NOT SURE WHICH IS OLDER THIS OR THE VCR.

Comment

Somewhere ...I've got the first Mario Bros game /watch combo .... It's in a little folding case which opens out to show a conveyor belt type of game played over both sides with Mario loading parcels on one side and his brother unloading them on the other or something like that ....I think it's about 30 odd year sold

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/03udgQDpQSA/hqdefault.jpg
                        Last edited by Zincubus; 10-05-2015, 08:40.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post

Wow I recall having to choose between betamax and VHS ....

We were in a shop and I'd narrowed my choice of VHS ones down to THREE and then the guy said that they were all the same machine that were branded by three companies or something - so I had to chose on looks alone .. I think all three were made by JVC but they'd farmed the innards out to other companies who completely changed the outside looks of the machine ..

Could it have been JVC / Toshba / Sharp or similar ??

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                            Wow I recall having to choose between betamax and VHS ....

We were in a shop and I'd narrowed my choice of VHS ones down to THREE and then the guy said that they were all the same machine that were branded by three companies or something - so I had to chose on looks alone .. I think all three were made by JVC but they'd farmed the innards out to other companies who completely changed the outside looks of the machine ..

Could it have been JVC / Toshba / Sharp or similar ??
                            Could have been, Panasonic were another Japanese company quick to adopt VHS.
                            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

remember it well think i had this myself.
                              altho im sure my older bro did.

i think its a good 3 decades old for sure a lovely thing it was.

was it electrical tho..

i also have this computer.

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                              Somewhere ...I've got the first Mario Bros game /watch combo .... It's in a little folding case which opens out to show a conveyor belt type of game played over both sides with Mario loading parcels on one side and his brother unloading them on the other or something like that ....I think it's about 30 odd year sold

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/03udgQDpQSA/hqdefault.jpg
                              Last edited by darren; 10-05-2015, 22:17.

Comment

My mum is very proud of the fact her tall fridge freezer from 1984 is still going strong! Reason she's so proud it was bought the day her and my step dad got married
                                Heather

Comment

Working...
                                X