X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stuckinthepast77
    replied
    Re: The Ghettoblaster

no mate,just everything was scoured from the boot sales and 'tip offs' from friends and from recycle centres-cant afford ebay:cry:

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

Originally posted by stuckinthepast77 View Post
    ive had nearly 1000 old ghettoblasters in the last 5 yearsstraight up!ive had jvc's,sanyos,sharps,panasonics,aiwas,sonys and various others-paid between £1 and £500 for individual ones!only got a couple now,well 4 actually-a massive hitachi 8200,a jvc with a built in record player,a big sony and a second hitachi as im moving off them in favour of vintage packaging instead-if anyone lives near me in west yorkshire your welcome to drop in for a brew and a look
    You must have been scouring carboot sales far & wide, or did you just use ebay to collect all of them!?

Leave a comment:

• Twocky61
    replied

Originally posted by stuckinthepast77 View Post
    ive had nearly 1000 old ghettoblasters in the last 5 yearsstraight up!ive had jvc's,sanyos,sharps,panasonics,aiwas,sonys and various others-paid between £1 and £500 for individual ones!only got a couple now,well 4 actually-a massive hitachi 8200,a jvc with a built in record player,a big sony and a second hitachi as im moving off them in favour of vintage packaging instead-if anyone lives near me in west yorkshire your welcome to drop in for a brew and a look
    Is that the record player in the form of a slot to put the record in similar to ones they had in cars? The car ones died the death as the records they played would get scratched due to road vibration

Leave a comment:

• stuckinthepast77
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Twocky61
    replied

Ten D cell batteries in mine too lol It was massive and could only be carried on your shoulder

Leave a comment:

• Chris-T
    replied

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
    You dont see folk walking down the street with their box anymore lol
    I used to back in the 80s all the time, used to walk past the house of a girl I used to fancy and turn it up (not sure what I was expecting to achieve!).
    Would still use one for music at a BBQ or maybe the beach.......... trouble is my large ones take TEN 'D' cells.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

Originally posted by Chris-T View Post
    I've got quite a collection of these, my faves are probably my Sharp GF-9000, Sharp 9696, Sharp 9494, Pioneer SK353 and my Crown 5100. Although the Crown is a stunning looker it's a big black box of air inside and not a great performer. Wouldn't be brave enough to take one out with me anymore though!
    You dont see folk walking down the street with their box anymore lol

Leave a comment:

• Chris-T
    replied

I've got quite a collection of these, my faves are probably my Sharp GF-9000, Sharp 9696, Sharp 9494, Pioneer SK353 and my Crown 5100. Although the Crown is a stunning looker it's a big black box of air inside and not a great performer. Wouldn't be brave enough to take one out with me anymore though!

Leave a comment:

• xmark1234
    replied

i had one but got fed up carrying it so moved to cassette walkman easyer carry round the one i had was tape and radio but was gutted when it fell out my pocket when i was night fishing on the river seven leaned over to unhook a fish and in the river it went gutted had that for years too

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

i never knew or dont remember ones with a tv built in it also seems to have a built in cassette player like the ones u get with a commodre 64.

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
    I liked those Ghetto Blasters with a TV in.

I did mention in a previous post one of my friends had one.

It's something my parents wouldn't have ever bought for me.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

I liked those Ghetto Blasters with a TV in.

I did mention in a previous post one of my friends had one.

It's something my parents wouldn't have ever bought for me.

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

http://forum.zelfbouwaudio.nl/downlo...8612&mode=view

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EBxy5w9VAb...od_boombox.jpg

http://fetchonfire.files.wordpress.c...ttoblaster.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Sculpher
    replied

Originally posted by yelever View Post
    Still got my first ever ghettoblaster made by Sharp. Then I upgraded to this

Mine was the newer version. Remember being in the park with mates and blastering this out.

Oh and if anyone wondering why I haven`t been online for awhile coz I`ve been travelling.
    I had one of these - it was the speakers for my Amiga for about 10 years. My Brother-In-Law has it now. FANTASTIC sound.

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

Originally posted by Paulos View Post
    Haha just realised mine's the same as Sixyten's.
    SNAP
    it looks class paulos.

but have you still got it mate.

Leave a comment:

• maccate
    replied

A friend of mine had a JVC RC-M90. This was a beast of a ghetto blaster and sounded better than most hi-fi's at the time (early to mid 80's) the biggest downfall was the size and weight it was nearly 3 foot wide and about a foot and a half tall. We only put batteries in it once (took 8 D size), this was for a holiday and when we took it on the coach the bus driver nearly stopped us from getting on until my friend showed a pair of headphones, but sitting on a coach for 5 hours with that on our knees was not the smartest thing to do.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X