Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What films have you been watching lately..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Richard1978

Or indeed thinking strange men turning up in their barn is Jesus.
    Quite so...I suppose these days it's more of a concern about strange people turning up online!

Comment

• Jaws
      Quint has to one of my favourite characters as far as films are concerned.

Comment

• Originally posted by W1 Rover View Post
        Jaws
        Quint has to one of my favourite characters as far as films are concerned.
        I second that, excellent character portrayal by Robert shaw.....likewise Brody and Hooper.
        Did you know Robert shaw was born in Bolton Lancashire...just up the road from my house, there is a pub called "The Robert shaw"..........Sweet!
        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

• A little known film called "painted boats"...made in the 40s this B&W film is a gentle story of the lives of two families living and working on the canals of britain. Surprisingly enjoyable little film here.

Comment

• Originally posted by tex View Post

I second that, excellent character portrayal by Robert shaw.....likewise Brody and Hooper.
            Did you know Robert shaw was born in Bolton Lancashire...just up the road from my house, there is a pub called "The Robert shaw"..........Sweet!
            Superb! No, I didn't know that. I suppose the locals enjoy singing a few verses of show me the way to go home before closing time

Not forgetting of course Robert Shaw's terrific performance as Henry the Eighth in A Man For All Seasons. Once again a very much a larger than life performance if that makes sense?​​​​​​

Comment

• Saw Our Ladies last week at the Odeon in Liverpool (if their theatre is good enough, then their cinemas should be as well). It's mostly about a load of teenage girls played by relative unknowns in a Scottish convent school on a day trip to Edinburgh with lots of adult themes as you may have guessed - set in 1996 when ironically, the characters portrayed would have been the same age as myself back then.

Makes a change to have a UK based film instead of the American domination that are always in cinemas. A 15 certificate, so there's a bit of language in he dialogue.

I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

• The Damned - 1961

​​​​​​Oliver Reed and Shirley Anne Field.
                Nice opening music, Black Leather Rock.

Comment

• Entrapment - 1999

Comment

• Originally posted by amethyst
                    Sudden Impact
                    Clint as Dirty harry...excellent series but this is not one of the better ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vaskaladno View Post
                      Entrapment - 1999
                      Ah yes, Sean connery and Catherine zeta jones....most enjoyable film

Comment

• Village of the damned.....you know, the one with all the creepy blond haired kids. This was a John carpenter remake starring Christopher reeve....really good film!

Comment

Village of the damned.....you know, the one with all the creepy blond haired kids. This was a John carpenter remake starring Christopher reeve....really good film!
                          I do know the one, a Hammer production if I remember rightly.
                          Didn't Barbara Shelley star in that film?
                          I thought she was terrific in Dracula Prince of Darkness.
                          One of my favourite Hammer films....apart from The Plague of The Zombies!

Comment

• Originally posted by W1 Rover View Post

I do know the one, a Hammer production if I remember rightly.
                            Didn't Barbara Shelley star in that film?
                            I thought she was terrific in Dracula Prince of Darkness.
                            One of my favourite Hammer films....apart from The Plague of The Zombies!
                            No...as stated this is a remake, better than the original IMO, The leading lady is Linda kozlowski (think i spelled that right) out of Crocodile dundee.

Comment

No...as stated this is a remake, better than the original IMO, The leading lady is Linda kozlowski (think i spelled that right) out of Crocodile dundee.
                              I'm more than happy to take your word for it in this case, the original wasn't one of my favourite films anyway. I have this thing about remakes, I suppose there are some decent ones but conversely some of them are appalling and that's putting in politely! Rollerball springs to mind.

Comment

• The Fall of The House of Usher
                                VIncent Price camping it up as only he could, Edgar Allan Poe and Roger Corman too, what a combination.

Certainly works for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X