• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zincubus
    replied
    Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    Good points about unemployment - when it comes to December, there are usually more jobs available, either in shops or places such as the Royal Mail sorting office, sorting cards and parcels. I have a feeling that even Father Christmas could be redundant this year because of social-distancing.

Watched the Press Briefing this afternoon again.
    Itís crazy to think that last New Yearís Eve we were all cheering and celebrating the new year 2020 ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

I thought that wearing masks is freedom protecting myself ,the anti people are the problem the longer they defy then the longer we have lock downs they are the ones disrupting things.

Leave a comment:

• beccabear67
    replied

It's supposed to work that if everyone wears masks, distances, disinfects surfaces, minimizes contact etc. we could open up and stay open. I absolutely can't understand the anti people. To me masks would represent freedom, while to them it's some terrible imposition? And so these lock downs which are emergency extreme measure just to keep hospitals and health care people from being totally overwhelmed when too many wouldn't follow instructions of the most informed and educated.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

Originally posted by Cartimand View Post
    With the new lockdown imminent, I must admit that I'm feeling rather more pessimistic about things than I was in the summer.
    Just wish we could fast-forward through Christmas and winter and see if things look a tad more hopeful in spring 2021.
    The great medieval plague took some 4 years to burn itself out!
    Could be a long time who knows wearing masks social distancing will be with us nobody knows how long I hope it has gone by 2021 but don't bank on it our lives will never be the same

Leave a comment:

• Cartimand
    replied

With the new lockdown imminent, I must admit that I'm feeling rather more pessimistic about things than I was in the summer.
    Just wish we could fast-forward through Christmas and winter and see if things look a tad more hopeful in spring 2021.
    The great medieval plague took some 4 years to burn itself out!

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

From 6pm Friday 23rd Oct Wales into Lockdown until Monday 9th November

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

More strickter rulings in Wales today be interesting to see what they come up with.I bet it will be back to 5 miles in lockdown areas going to work and shops no essential journeys

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Originally posted by tex View Post
    Saved a fortune this year, no holidays, no eating out, no pub, cinema, theatre, concerts
    What you save in one department, you spend in another - I believe that I am spending more on online groceries because of not going out.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

Saved a fortune this year, no holidays, no eating out, no pub, cinema, theatre, concerts
    Same here, it balanced out my 80% Furlough pay.

One problem was getting a new mobile phone contract just before the lockdown as I never needed the extra data! If I had known what was going to happen I would have kept my old phone with a cheap sim only deal.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

Have a damn good holiday and a concert show when it's safe to do so

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

Have anyone noticed the amount of masks being chucked saw one outside Morrisons door disgusting someone else has to pick those up.Is it to much bother to bin them after use I bought the ones you can reuse after washing them

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Very true - I believe that hotels have had fewer bookings this year than in previous years. I booked a Premier Inn room earlier on this year, but had to cancel it because the events in the area I was visiting was cancelled due to coronavirus - I felt as if I was wasting their time when I emailed them in order to cancel it.

Must be quite a relaxing experience - 3.00 am in a sorting office and watching thousands of envelopes go round and round machines.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

Think a lot of hospitality jobs will go,as well as high street shops,online shopping was killing the high street before this virus .

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

One year I did a temporary job at my local sorting office when I was between jobs.

It was an effort due to the early starts and concrete floors, but I managed it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X