• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• staffslad
    replied
    Re: Brit movie/tv quiz.

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
    Well ... have you tried DeadWood !?

It's loosely based around a real 'town' and real people ( gun slingers ) and real events ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No, never seen that series, thanks for the recommendation

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied
    Brit movie/tv quiz.

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
    Another western fan here. I like films from the 50s to the 70s. Not a big fan of spaghettis as they sometimes get a bit too weird for my tastes. Of course, we here in dear old Blighty made westerns as well, often filmed in Spain...and that gives me an idea for a question...

Name the British western from the early 70s in which a woman seeks revenge against the men who murdered her husband and assaulted her. Some big names in this one.
    Well ... have you tried DeadWood !?

It's loosely based around a real 'town' and real people ( gun slingers ) and real events ....

Leave a comment:

• staffslad
    replied

Another western fan here. I like films from the 50s to the 70s. Not a big fan of spaghettis as they sometimes get a bit too weird for my tastes. Of course, we here in dear old Blighty made westerns as well, often filmed in Spain...and that gives me an idea for a question...

Name the British western from the early 70s in which a woman seeks revenge against the men who murdered her husband and assaulted her. Some big names in this one.

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

Originally posted by tex View Post
    Yes i love westerns but no connection to my user name, i was christened Terence but only my parents used this name. i am Tex
    One of my favourite to series ever is a western ... DeadWood !!

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
    Spot on tex. You have been busy here while I have been sleeping. btw.. the username tex.. you an American western fan?
    Yes i love westerns but no connection to my user name, i was christened Terence but only my parents used this name. i am Tex

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

The crying game?
    Spot on tex. You have been busy here while I have been sleeping. btw.. the username tex.. you an American western fan?

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

90s film.
    The crying game?

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

90s film.

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

so was Donald right?...who's post?
    you go tex.

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

I did not watch the Perrin sequel as I kinda tired of his new character. He was so funny as the downtrodden sales manager of Sunshine Desserts.

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
    Yes, Grot was the name of the chain of shops Reggie opened in a later series, but I think it was still called the Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin so far as I recall. There was one more where Reggie opened a kind of commune and got all his old Sunshine Desserts colleagues to work as therapists...CJ, the doctor, Joan his secretary, Tom his son-in-law etc. I think the one about Reggie's will was from a series quite a while after Rossiter's death and wasn't much good.
    You my friend are a fount of info.

Leave a comment:

• staffslad
    replied

Yes, Grot was the name of the chain of shops Reggie opened in a later series, but I think it was still called the Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin so far as I recall. There was one more where Reggie opened a kind of commune and got all his old Sunshine Desserts colleagues to work as therapists...CJ, the doctor, Joan his secretary, Tom his son-in-law etc. I think the one about Reggie's will was from a series quite a while after Rossiter's death and wasn't much good.

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

so was Donald right?...who's post?

Leave a comment:

• zabadak
    replied

Originally posted by Clare View Post
    There was one about Perrin's will, wasn't there?
    It wasn't a spin-off, it was a later series...

Leave a comment:

• Clare
    replied

Sequel: You mean a Perrin spin off called GROT?
    There was one about Perrin's will, wasn't there?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X