Re: Brit movie/tv quiz.

who can name this tv series which was based on a popular film from 2000
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
    staffslad seems to have been absent lately.

Ok if I post something?
    Bletchley circle.(confirmed)

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

staffslad seems to have been absent lately.

Ok if I post something?

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

You got us Staffslad....post again.

Leave a comment:

• staffslad
    replied

When you say they are Brit films.. you mean they financed them? As apart from one or two people they contained foreign leads.

Yes, made by British companies but mostly filmed in Spain for the same reason that the Italians made westerns in Spain i.e parts resemble the SE USA and Mexico, a reason why so many spaghettis are set in the US/Mexican border area.

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
    The film I was referring to is Hannie Caulder (1971) with Raquel Welch, Robert Culp, Ernest Borgnine and Strother Martin. Christopher Lee had a small part as a gunsmith and I think Diana Dors played a madam. It was made by Tigon and filmed in Spain.

Other British westerns include The Hunting Party (Gene Hackman, Oliver Reed, Candice Bergen), Chato's Land (Charles Bronson), Captain Apache (Lee Van Cleef), Shalako (Sean Connery, Brigitte Bardot) and A Town called B*****d (Robert Shaw, Telly Savalas, Stella Stevens) among others. As can be seen, these films attracted some very big acting names.
    When you say they are Brit films.. you mean they financed them? As apart from one or two people they contained foreign leads.

Leave a comment:

• staffslad
    replied

The film I was referring to is Hannie Caulder (1971) with Raquel Welch, Robert Culp, Ernest Borgnine and Strother Martin. Christopher Lee had a small part as a gunsmith and I think Diana Dors played a madam. It was made by Tigon and filmed in Spain.

Other British westerns include The Hunting Party (Gene Hackman, Oliver Reed, Candice Bergen), Chato's Land (Charles Bronson), Captain Apache (Lee Van Cleef), Shalako (Sean Connery, Brigitte Bardot) and A Town called B*****d (Robert Shaw, Telly Savalas, Stella Stevens) among others. As can be seen, these films attracted some very big acting names.

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

I was never aware the Brits made westerns. Unless Carry On Cowboy.
    Nope, can't think of any!

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

I was never aware the Brits made westerns. Unless Carry On Cowboy.

Leave a comment:

• staffslad
    replied

Nope, Eastwood has never starred in a Brit western as far as I am aware. The one I am referring to starred a very famous American sex symbol and a British horror actor in a smaller role. It also featured one of the actors from the bounty hunter posse in The Wild Bunch and he also sold Mattie Ross her pony in True Grit--1969 version.

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

Another western fan here. I like films from the 50s to the 70s. Not a big fan of spaghettis as they sometimes get a bit too weird for my tastes. Of course, we here in dear old Blighty made westerns as well, often filmed in Spain...and that gives me an idea for a question...

Name the British western from the early 70s in which a woman seeks revenge against the men who murdered her husband and assaulted her. Some big names in this one.
    A Brit western? Was that one of Eastwood's non spaghetti westerns?

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

No, never seen that series, thanks for the recommendation
    It's one of the very few box sets I've watched a few times . It's on Sky In Demand now

All three series available.

I'm happy I mentioned it as after checking google I just discovered they're starting to film a movie to finish off the series neatly ... after a ten year wait !!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/collide...-synopsis/amp/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

Working...
X