Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

    Where did my answers go? Will try again.

    He was a critic. his name eludes me. Franklin rings a bell.

    No idea but Chloe Franks played her. Will she do as answer.?

    John Pertwee. House That Dripped Blood?

    The asylum attendant who showed round Robert Powell character.

    Comment


    • Re: A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

      Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
      Where did my answers go? Will try again.

      He was a critic. his name eludes me. Franklin rings a bell.

      No idea but Chloe Franks played her. Will she do as answer.?

      John Pertwee. House That Dripped Blood?

      The asylum attendant who showed round Robert Powell character.

      1. Franklin Marsh

      2. Yes, Franks will do...fyi character was Carol Clayton.

      3. Yes.

      4. Yes, Reynolds, played by Geoffrey Bayldon, best remembered for his role as Catweazle in the early 70s.

      Comment


      • Re: A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

        Originally posted by staffslad View Post
        1. Franklin Marsh

        2. Yes, Franks will do...fyi character was Carol Clayton.

        3. Yes.

        4. Yes, Reynolds, played by Geoffrey Bayldon, best remembered for his role as Catweazle in the early 70s.
        Catweazle was never shown in Australia to my knowledge.

        Comment


        • Re: A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

          New one: From Beyond the Grave:

          Why is David Warners character compelled to kill.

          Who played William Seaton.

          In what segment.

          whose room does he enter when blue door is open

          This bloke was in what segment and name him.

          Comment


          • Re: A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

            Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
            Catweazle was never shown in Australia to my knowledge.


            Now that has surprised me, as Catweazle was very popular here in the early 70s, spawning a book tie-in and a comic strip in Look-In. He was also the Crowman in Worzel Gummidge.

            Comment


            • Re: A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

              Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
              New one: From Beyond the Grave:

              Why is David Warners character compelled to kill.

              Who played William Seaton.

              In what segment.

              whose room does he enter when blue door is open

              This bloke was in what segment and name him.

              1. The man in the mirror possesses him, urgeing him to kill so that he can escape the mirror.

              2. Ian Ogilvy

              3. The Door

              4. Sir Michael Sinclair

              5. ?

              Comment


              • Re: A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

                Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                1. The man in the mirror possesses him, urgeing him to kill so that he can escape the mirror.

                2. Ian Ogilvy

                3. The Door

                4. Sir Michael Sinclair

                5. ?
                All correct as usual my friend. How the heck did yu recall Sir Michael Sinclair. An all star class. No wonder the Amicus anthos were so popular. Yes actor in my pic was in a FBTG segment.

                My movie preferences are psycho thriller/mysteries.. whodunnits, anything with a supernatural theme, a good rollicking adventure, some sci fi as long as it is not spoilt by comp grahics. Some of the old Brit Ealing comedies.
                Last edited by Donald the Great; 16-05-2018, 00:36.

                Comment


                • Re: A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

                  1. Who directed Torture Garden?

                  2. Everything that makes life worth leaving! was a tagline for which film?

                  3. First Man: These are not ordinary figures. The eyes were made to see. Inside each skull is a perfectly proportioned brain, perfectly capable of functioning.

                  Second Man: You talk about them as if they were alive.

                  First Man: Hm. That's the final step.

                  What was the film?

                  4. One segment featured a musical instrument with a mind of its own. What was the musical instrument and film?

                  Good luck...

                  Comment


                  • Re: A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

                    FREDDIE FRANCIS

                    Need a think on this. hint please.

                    ASYLUM

                    That would be a Piano the film was TORTURE GARDEN and the segment was MR STEINWAY

                    Comment


                    • Re: A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

                      I prefer to do my daily quiz with the one film staffslad.
                      DR TERRORS:

                      Outline the films plot.

                      Synopsis: a deadly, fast growing vine threatens a family.

                      Who play the two Ministry of Defence experts called by the family.

                      Who plays Jim Dawson in Werewolf.

                      What does Dawson find behind a fake cellar wall.

                      good luck...

                      Comment


                      • Re: A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

                        Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
                        FREDDIE FRANCIS

                        Need a think on this. hint please.

                        ASYLUM

                        That would be a Piano the film was TORTURE GARDEN and the segment was MR STEINWAY


                        Hint: The story-tellers return to their graves at the end of the film. All others correct.

                        Comment


                        • Re: A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

                          Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
                          I prefer to do my daily quiz with the one film staffslad.
                          DR TERRORS:

                          Outline the films plot.

                          Synopsis: a deadly, fast growing vine threatens a family.

                          Who play the two Ministry of Defence experts called by the family.

                          Who plays Jim Dawson in Werewolf.

                          What does Dawson find behind a fake cellar wall.

                          good luck...

                          Okay, need to have a think about these...

                          Comment


                          • Re: A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

                            Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
                            I prefer to do my daily quiz with the one film staffslad.
                            DR TERRORS:

                            Outline the films plot.

                            Synopsis: a deadly, fast growing vine threatens a family.

                            Who play the two Ministry of Defence experts called by the family.

                            Who plays Jim Dawson in Werewolf.

                            What does Dawson find behind a fake cellar wall.

                            good luck...

                            1. Five train passengers have their futures foretold by Dr Schreck using his tarot cards. When they arrive at their destination, they find out that they are all already dead and Dr Schreck is actually Death.

                            2. That's the segment 'Creeping Vine'.

                            3. That would be Bernard Lee and Jeremy Kemp.

                            4. Think it was Neil McCallum.

                            5. It is a coffin with Count Valdemar inside.

                            Comment


                            • Re: A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

                              New quiz...

                              The House that Dripped Blood

                              1. What is the name of the police officer who is investigating the house in the framing story? (character or actor)

                              2. What exactly about the house is he investigating?

                              3. Who plays Dominic in Method for Murder?

                              4. What is the fate of Christopher Lee's character in Sweets to the Sweet?

                              5. In The Cloak, who plays the female lead in the vampire film?

                              Good luck...

                              Comment


                              • Re: A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

                                John Bennett

                                the deaths of previous owners

                                pass

                                Chloe performs voodoo magic on him.

                                Ingrid Pitt.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X