Clear All

• Re: Your favorite 80's band?

Smiths,police and various others....
    http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U5HpeA_WSo
    "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
      I must say though The Smiths will always be my favourite band of the 80's and they are a band that are often copied but NEVER equaled!
      They are my favourite band of all time, not just the 80's. The magic of Morrissey and Marr will never be surpassed. Must also mention the rhythm section here and the genius of Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce.
      Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Hmmm.... would probably have to say Psychic TV (Yeah... I know... "Who???" lol) but other than that...

New Order... no contest!

Comment

Couldn't possibly choose one band or song but here's my top 5
          1) Bananarama
          2) T'Pau
          3) Pet Shop Boys
          4) Michael Jackson
          5) Duran Duran

Songs -
          1) What Have I Done To Deserve This? (PSB)
          2) Heart & Soul - (T'Pau)
          3) I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Whitney Houston)
          4) Beat Dis (Bomb The Bass)
          5) The Riddle (Nik Kershaw)

..but I could name 100 great 80's songs!

Comment

The Cardigans or maybe they start in 90th

Comment

There's always been great bands, it's a case of listening to other radio stations/tv programs/music press than the mainstream - which just pumps out the most middle of the road twaddle that will make money for the record companies.
              Peace will only be when we are peaceful

Comment

The Associates

Comment

Favourite band of the 80's? I don't have a specific one, though Big Country, Depeche Mode & Flock of Seagulls are near the top of my list.

Comment

Depeche Mode, The Police & REM

Comment

A huge amount of this thread refers to the "Classic" 80's style bands but there was a huge amount of metal and rock in the 80's which is still being played today.
                      I'll never forget seeing Guns N' Roses in 88 as a half hour support slot! Around that era I was and still am into Maiden, Metallica, ACDC etc etc, all bands still current and touring new material to this day.
                      Having said that my musical taste in very very broad, for the last 25 years I've played in a brass band and at Xmas actually got to see Madness who were fantasic and have got to agree with whoever a few pages back says that their new album is brilliant.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixDown View Post
                        Who is your favorite band from the 80's? Any favorite 80's song?

www.shinraonline.com
                        I've got loads of favourites - but my ultimate favourite band of the 80s (and early to mid 90s) remains the same as they always have! Non other than Wet Wet Wet, it always has been ... can never see this changing!

Comment

i would have to say the favourite 80's bands for me were omd, the police and the jam, with souvenir, de do do do de da da da and going underground being the songs.

Comment

'Souvenir' by OMD is pure class! Other favourites are 'The Living Years' by Mike and the Mechanics', 'The Winner Takes It All' by Abba, 'A Different Corner' by George Michael, 'True Blue' by Madonna and 'Keep On Loving You' by REO Speedwagon.

Bands/Acts from the 1980s whose scene I dug are Tomas Ledin, Mike and the Mechanics, Soft Cell, Gloria Estefan, Kim Wilde, Phil Collins, Lionel Richie, Queen and Genesis.
                            The best Government is that which governs least - Thoreau.

Comment

soft cell are the worst band that ever 'graced' this planet in my opinion. I could never stand Lionel Richie or Queen. guess we are diametrically opposed.

Comment

Originally posted by Elbmek View Post
                                soft cell are the worst band that ever 'graced' this planet in my opinion. I could never stand Lionel Richie or Queen. guess we are diametrically opposed.
                                Fair play, Elbmek, you are entitled to your opinion.
                                The best Government is that which governs least - Thoreau.

Comment

Working...
                                X