Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madness

Madness are an English ska band from Camden Town, London, that formed in 1976 band continue to perform with their most recognised line-up of seven members, although their line-up has varied slightly over the years. They were one of the most prominent bands of the late-1970s 2 Tone ska revival

WHO LOVES MADNESS

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Re: Madness

Loved them as a kid - still do - 'It Must Be Love' is my favourite....they did a wonderful Sekonda ad years back too...

Comment

love madness............love all their songs........can't pick a fav

Comment

While staying America earlier this year one of the adverts over there used "It Must Be Love". I sang it to the missus and it totally took her off guard. She thought I was making the words up after the advert had finished. Madness obviously wasn't big in the USA. It makes me proud to be British when something like that happens.

I also did the skank at one of the meet up parties we had. Another thing lost on the Americans. They loved it, although watching Americans varying from 5 years old to pensionable trying to skank to Lady Gaga was pretty surreal. I guess trying to imitate something that is so deep rooted in somebody else's culture just makes you look foolish.

My favourite song is One Step Beyond. I just love it. In fact, I'm going to dig through my collection now and listen to it now.

Comment

I've liked Madness for almost as long as I can remember.

Not sure what my favourite song by them is, but Baggy Trousers, House Of Fun, Our House, It Must Be Love, One Step Beyond, & Waiting For The Ghost Train are among the best.

One good thing about them is how many of their songs work on more than one level, some songs I never realised had a deeper meaning until hearing about it in an interview.

In some ways they were the yin to The Specials yang.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Your top 10 madness songs

MY FAVORITES ARE

One Step Beyond

My Girl

OUR HOUSE
            Tomorrow's (Just Another Day)
            It Must Be Love
            House of Fun
            Wings Of A Dove
            Embarrassment
            Baggy Trousers
            Cardiac Arrest

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

yes my girl, our hous,e and it must be love our my faves.

never knew who did these songs until now.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

​My Favorites:
                Driving In My Car
                Night Boat To Cairo

Comment

'Meet up parties' Sly? Whats that about?

Comment

Meeting prospective family in law. When a foreign exotic comes into the family everyone wants to take a look.

Comment

I've been to see them Live 2 out the last three years as they seem to tour just before Xmas quite routinely now, would be going this December but just as I went to book my ticket my wife politely reminded me that we were going to be away on holiday .

If you haven't seen them but have always liked them, go and do it before it's too late, they are still brilliant live and 6 out of 7 original members only Bedders on bass missing, (but the new bassist looks a bit like him from a distance!). The atmosphere at their live shows is so good, my fave live tracks (well all of them) but they usually start with "One step beyond" and finish with "Night boat to Cairo" both cracking tracks.

They have a new album out soon.

Charge of the mad brigade tour this autumn/winter.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	POSTER_ONLINE_460.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	260101
                      sigpic

Comment

never knew madness did driving in my car.

one i do like.

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
                        ​My Favorites:
                        Driving In My Car
                        Night Boat To Cairo
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Comment

Another Good one

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X