No announcement yet.

Lyrics you always mis-heard but didn't know it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I left school the song "Money's Too Tight to Mention" by Simply Red was released. With their being a recession on at the time it was highly topical. "I got laid off from work, my rent is due, my kids all need brand new shoes". I honestly used to think that last bit was "A kid sold me brand new shoes".
    "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

I used to think "When Smokey Sings" by ABC was called "When Smoke Ascends" at one time.
      "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

Originally posted by philipdalton View Post
        I used to think "When Smokey Sings" by ABC was called "When Smoke Ascends" at one time.
        I used to hear it as "When Smokey Sins, I Hear Violence"
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I suppose the reason why bands and artists often print the lyrics of their songs underneath their album covers is to avoid confusion as to what they're actually singing about.

Comment

good

Comment

another is cotton eye joe i always thought it was cartman joe and scatman joe.
              i just in the last few months realised it was cotton eye joe.

Comment

Working...
              X