X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xmark1234
    replied
    Re: Hardest computer games you played.

Got be mega man I didnt realise how hard this was untill gpt and emulator so could cheat abit lol

Leave a comment:

• trip2themoon
    replied

Some people are bonkers when it comes to their prices for old games. Someone wants £40 for a cartridge only Rainbow Islands for the MD and boxed with instructions some people are asking £100. I got really lucky when I got mine for £25. It really looked like it had just been made. Rainbow Islands was a massive letdown on the DS. After Bubble Bubble and the modern versions being so good I couldn't believe they had turned Rainbow Islands into a touchscreen game. It's virtually unplayable. Thank God it didn't cost me anything when I added it to my R4 chip.

Leave a comment:

• trip2themoon
    replied

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
    You could get an adaptor for the Mega Drive to take imported carts, or file off the edges so they would fit the slot.

I've got a few Japanese MD cartridges. I've got Strider, Rainbow Islands (don't think it got released outside Japan which is a shame because it's the best version other than the PS1 release) and Super Fantasy Zone.

I opened up my MD and filed down the tabs on the cartridge slot and filed the hole a bit to widen it enough. Unfortunately this has voided its warranty.

I have both the Japanese and western versions of Strider for the MD. The Japanese cover is a work of art but the western cover is horrible. The man on the western cover doesn't look anything like Hiryu. Boxed with instructions I only paid about £2.50 for the Japanese Strider. Was just looking at them on Ebay, you can't get the Japanese version for as cheap as I did but you can still have it boxed with instructions for under £15. If you have the MD and liked the games it's well worth adding to your collection.

LOL, can't believe that someone actually wants £50 for US Gold's horrendous sequel. I got the true Capcom sequel for my Playstation and it's pretty good and it also comes with a second disc with the arcade original.

Edit: Just looked up Strider 2 for the Playstation on Ebay, someone's asking £120 for it but cheap ones are going for £50. I think I pad about £25 for it.

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

Vortex on the snes was awfully tough.

Only completed the first 2 stages after that i found it impossible.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

Originally posted by trip2themoon View Post
    I don't have a PS4 or Xbox ATM. So far I haven't seen anything on the PS4 that I'd really want. I still have an old NES but Nintendo were always a bit snidey with their lock-out chips.

I have an R4 chip for my DS XL and on that I've got a NES emulator and hundreds of games but it's not quite the same as playing them on a big screen. Among my Master System collection I have a few American games, the Master System has no regional lock outs so you can play games from anywhere in the world. I think the Japanese Master System has different shaped cartridges though. On the Mega Drive you could widen a PAL MD's cartridge slot so it would fit the Japanese games because early MD games have no lock out chips.
    You could get an adaptor for the Mega Drive to take imported carts, or file off the edges so they would fit the slot.

Leave a comment:

• trip2themoon
    replied

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
    You could get the Megaman Collection on PS4 and Xbone, although i'm guessing you'd rather play them on the original hardware?

(It's on sale atm on the PS Store BTW)

I don't have a PS4 or Xbox ATM. So far I haven't seen anything on the PS4 that I'd really want. I still have an old NES but Nintendo were always a bit snidey with their lock-out chips.

I have an R4 chip for my DS XL and on that I've got a NES emulator and hundreds of games but it's not quite the same as playing them on a big screen. Among my Master System collection I have a few American games, the Master System has no regional lock outs so you can play games from anywhere in the world. I think the Japanese Master System has different shaped cartridges though. On the Mega Drive you could widen a PAL MD's cartridge slot so it would fit the Japanese games because early MD games have no lock out chips.

Leave a comment:

• Mulletino
    replied

You could get the Megaman Collection on PS4 and Xbone, although i'm guessing you'd rather play them on the original hardware?

(It's on sale atm on the PS Store BTW)

Leave a comment:

• trip2themoon
    replied

Originally posted by darren View Post
    was just thinking what are the hardest games you have played.

Megaman
    beyond the ice palace
    super empire strikes back.

I love the Megaman series on the NES but I think the first one was the best. Capcom really pushed the NES to it's limits for that game. All the sequels were pretty easy compared to the first one. The only way I was able to beat the one-eyed yellow monster was using Elecman's gun power and the pause cheat. I have all 4 that got a PAL release but sadly 5 and 6 were never released in Europe. I would hunt down NTSC versions if Nintendo didn't have lock out chips on the NES.

I always thought that Contra 3 and Smash TV on the SNES were really hard to beat. I prefer playing Contra 3 to Super Probotector because I didn't like how the men were replaced by robots. Why would robots care what happens to humanity. A while back I managed to get my hands on an American SNES so most of my SNES cartridges are American. Anyone who ever played an NTSC SNES or Mega Drive in the PAL region will know why I bought an American SNES. After playing Street Fighter 2 on the American SNES going back to the PAL version was a no go. The PAL version is a horrible, squished, slow mess of a game.

Leave a comment:

• Nik_Barbour
    replied

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
    I would be surprised if anyone can come up with a harder game than Sqij! on the Spectrum.
    Wow - that game blows.
    http://www.paulplowman.com/blog/sqij...deo-game-ever/

Leave a comment:

• DemonEyeX
    replied

I would be surprised if anyone can come up with a harder game than Sqij! on the Spectrum.

Leave a comment:

• Nik_Barbour
    replied

'Rex' on the ZX spectrum is kicking my butt at the minute.
    http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infos...cgi?id=0004129

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

GOLDENEYE FOR THE N64.

COULD NOT COMPLETE IT ON THEE EASIEST DIFFICULTY BUT DID TRY IT ON HARDER DIFFICULTY OPTIONS Agent", "Secret Agent", or "00-Agent" difficulty settings DIDNT DO TOO BAD.
    BUT IT GOT PRETTY MUCH IMPOSSIBLE AFTER A WHILE.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

Originally posted by Nik_Barbour View Post
    If you got enough money (or know a cheat code) you could get a docking computer which did it all for you.
    Still haven't found Raxxla though.
    Supposedly there was a planet called **** due to the random planet generating coding having a glitch which wasn't noticed in time.

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

The two g and g games are indeed terribly difficult.

Never did finish either.

Originally posted by demoneyex View Post
    the rick dangerous games were very heavy going.
    Ghost & goblins, and ghouls & ghosts are also horrible during later levels.

Leave a comment:

• Nik_Barbour
    replied

Originally posted by big kid View Post
    elite on the spectrum. could never dock the spacecraft with much success, so i gave up with it.
    If you got enough money (or know a cheat code) you could get a docking computer which did it all for you.
    Still haven't found Raxxla though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X