• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	281392

As i stated earlier in the thread, the 'official' Palitoy Action Man helicopter ,above, is imo inferior to its Cherilea counterpart below. For a start the Cherilea's rotor spin was battery opporated as opposed to the Palitoys 'pump button' mechanical action.

Name:	c0bffe23ce7c9e82421465176728ec00.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	281393

Comment

Name:	1609-2013121710136_540x360.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	281395

Got to love the internet! Not clapped eyes on this since i got for xmas 75.

Comment

My sister was into arty crafty stuff . She usually got stuff like shaker maker, colour dip and one thing that the name escapes me, it was making jewellery and key rings and stuff from epoxy resin

Comment

My brother had a spyrograph which with pins and a pen could draw all sorts of circular patterns. I never really got to play with the thing myself as five years later when I came along all there was were bits and pieces of the set! It doesn't seem like they could do much.

I did get something called a Lite-brite which was basically a box with a black grid on one end and a light bulb behind. You put a sheet of black paper behind the grid and poked clear plastic coloured pegs in to create 'art'. Eventually there would be a problem finding black paper to refill with and it would sit.
          My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Originally posted by beccabear67 View Post
            My brother had a spyrograph which with pins and a pen could draw all sorts of circular patterns. I never really got to play with the thing myself as five years later when I came along all there was were bits and pieces of the set! It doesn't seem like they could do much.

I did get something called a Lite-brite which was basically a box with a black grid on one end and a light bulb behind. You put a sheet of black paper behind the grid and poked clear plastic coloured pegs in to create 'art'. Eventually there would be a problem finding black paper to refill with and it would sit.
            I bought a spirograph about 3-4 years ago, not as much fun as i had remembered, I also bought subbuteo....again the memory was better than the reality
            Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

I always coveted other kids' fuzzy felt sets, but I suspect if I got one now I'd find them underwhelming! Anyway, I had some cool Lego, I can't complain (other than there being ten of us living in crumpled-up newspaper in t'middle of road, getting up half hour before coming home from working all day at fac'try).
              My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

So, wonderful wife got me this for my birthday..because its what Click image for larger version

Name:	3ab4ee53-3ae2-4605-bcb9-3125c3fec8ac.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	282289 Click image for larger version

Name:	3c3a4e66-eb3e-40e3-9198-74bdb92a7bc4.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	282290 Click image for larger version

Name:	5e730b4b-4a2c-4ac7-9518-ce9c3138b06a.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	282291 i wanted.

Name:	1e74c942-d2a0-432b-bf4b-26059fb7a1fd.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	282288

Name:	9669da97-66fd-4522-bd80-1013f5350e28.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	282292

Comment

Time to bump my own thread. Lets start with this, a brilliantly loaded and detailed Corgi model:

Name:	s-l1600-5.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	287128

Comment

Hang on they went one better...

Name:	Corgi_Batmobile_Batboat_-_3.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	287130

Comment

Never owned any of these or wanted to...Denys Fishers ' Cyborg' and arch nemesis Muton range of macarbe action figures: Click image for larger version

Name:	7121280381_0ebb4406d4_b.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	287132

And the obligitory spaceship:

Name:	s-l1600-6.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	287133

Comment

Denys Fisher toys were a favourite of mine, Spirograph was his as were Dr Whi toys but this was his block buster: Click image for larger version  Name:	denys-fisher-six-million-dollar-man_360_b0ff6008c6355f3ec49c02de5637f351.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.3 KB ID:	287135

Along with his macarbe arch nemesis Maskatron based on genre favourite actor John Saxon:

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600-7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.6 KB ID:	287136
                        I dont remember this being in the show though: would have made a cool kids thermos flask.

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l400.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.5 KB ID:	287137

Comment

I remember looking through Bionic man's eye, it was lying around at a friend's house who had lots of brothers.

I also remember a Titanic board game someone had where it would, every few turns, sink a little until it was gone... by which time you were to have collected passengers and supplies and gotten a lifeboat! Sorry if I might've mentioned this before. It was around in the late '70s.

Comment

Originally posted by beccabear67 View Post
                            I remember looking through Bionic man's eye, it was lying around at a friend's house who had lots of brothers.

I also remember a Titanic board game someone had where it would, every few turns, sink a little until it was gone... by which time you were to have collected passengers and supplies and gotten a lifeboat! Sorry if I might've mentioned this before. It was around in the late '70s.
                            There are pictures on the forum somewhere its by Ideal... The Sinking of The Titanic
                            Heather

Comment

Originally posted by 70s kid View Post

Name:	1609-2013121710136_540x360.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	281395

Got to love the internet! Not clapped eyes on this since i got for xmas 75.
                              Oh yes!
                              That really brings back memories, magnesium ribbon, copper sulphate and the little spring tongs to hold the test tubes over the little meths burner. I remember setting fire to my hands with some spilt meths, fortunately no damage was done although it could have ended differently. I was forbidden to use the set unsupervised but I took matters into my own hands, no pun intended! Boys will be boys I suppose.

Other cool toys of the 70's ...Glow Globs, Aurora horror character construction kits and my Gerry Anderson die cast metal interceptor from the UFO series!

Comment

Thinking of horror characters... I remember some sort of monster making kit someone brought to school. It had plastic moulds and they poured plaster into it and popped them out after they dried to have a Frankenstein's monster. You could then paint it. I don't remember any other monster molds but I'm sure there were some, but I remember the monster that was done and painted.

There were some little plastic creatures that had suctions cups on their feet that would climb down a wall or pane of glass if it was clean enough. I had one of those and it worked by gravity, flipping end over end down the wall. Might've been a bug sort of creature. Also little men with wrapped-up parachutes you could throw in the air and watch come floating down. I don't remember any of these being characters or brands, just very cheap toys, kind of like those card paper or light wood airplanes/helicopters with elastic band driven propellers. I remember there being bins of cheap little toys like these sold at corner shops or on counter tops competing for our pocket money with licorice and other candy.
                                Last edited by beccabear67; 06-11-2021, 18:22.

Comment

Working...
                                X