A favourite animal soft toy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A favourite animal soft toy?

Firstly, congratulations on Yours Truly hitting the big 5,000 and becoming a DYR fanatic for the first time! To celebrate, I thought that I would start a thread on something that a lot of people must have had when they were younger.

Apart from the obvious Teddy Bears, did any of you have a favourite animal soft toy that you cuddled up with as a child, perhaps in bed? My nephew's favourite animal was a cow and he used to take it all over the place with him, and I believe that he's still got it!

I used to have various animals on my bed which made it look as I was sleeping in the middle of a zoo when I was around five years old; a panda was one of them - they did make me happy when the lights went out and one had to go to sleep. Not an animal as such but I used to have a Smurf as one of them, which looked like it was permanently winking at me when it lose its right eye!

Here's to the next 5,000...
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

I had a panda teddy, which was passed down to my sister & I now have after being put up in my parents attic for many years.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

A soft dimetrodon called Perm.

Comment

I had a black and white panda with a hole that let bits of stuff out sometimes, name not remembered (2-Tone bear!). There's a family home film of my brother bringing it to me when I was having some curls clipped and crying (though maybe just from the extremely bright light of the home film camera set-up).

Others I had were a sleeping lamb, and later a wallaby bought on a trip to California (named Mindy after the Mork & Mindy show).
        My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

At the start of this thread I mentioned that it was the 5,000th post I have made on here - when I look at my post count, I have only made 4,970 of them. What's going on?
          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
          X