X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beccabear67
    replied
    You're at 5000 exactly right now.

I remember a stuffie monkey my older brother had, it's mouth was rubber and it had a rubber banana in one hand. I don't remember him having any other except a bear which I ended up with as my first bear.

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied
    At the start of this thread I mentioned that it was the 5,000th post I have made on here - when I look at my post count, I have only made 4,970 of them. What's going on?

Leave a comment:

• beccabear67
    replied
    I had a black and white panda with a hole that let bits of stuff out sometimes, name not remembered (2-Tone bear!). There's a family home film of my brother bringing it to me when I was having some curls clipped and crying (though maybe just from the extremely bright light of the home film camera set-up).

Others I had were a sleeping lamb, and later a wallaby bought on a trip to California (named Mindy after the Mork & Mindy show).

Leave a comment:

• Arran
    replied
    A soft dimetrodon called Perm.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied
    I had a panda teddy, which was passed down to my sister & I now have after being put up in my parents attic for many years.

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    started a topic A favourite animal soft toy?

A favourite animal soft toy?

Firstly, congratulations on Yours Truly hitting the big 5,000 and becoming a DYR fanatic for the first time! To celebrate, I thought that I would start a thread on something that a lot of people must have had when they were younger.

Apart from the obvious Teddy Bears, did any of you have a favourite animal soft toy that you cuddled up with as a child, perhaps in bed? My nephew's favourite animal was a cow and he used to take it all over the place with him, and I believe that he's still got it!

I used to have various animals on my bed which made it look as I was sleeping in the middle of a zoo when I was around five years old; a panda was one of them - they did make me happy when the lights went out and one had to go to sleep. Not an animal as such but I used to have a Smurf as one of them, which looked like it was permanently winking at me when it lose its right eye!

Here's to the next 5,000...
Working...
X