Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which famous people have you met / seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first one would be playing football in St Austell in Cornwall as a 15 yr old with a couple of mates and a lad called Chris Martyn, Then telling his younger brother he couldnt play with us - his name is Nigel. Yes That Nigel Martyn.
    As Ive been a DJ for the last 28 years Ive worked for and with loads of Celebs.Done discos for:Robbie Fowler,Alan Kennedy,Liverpool Former Players association and with Vince Earl (Brookside),Nobby Stiles,Ian Woosnam and Sporty spices Mum - Joan who is a Tina Turner Sound a like.Loads of others as guests - too many to remember, but the outstanding memory is drawing a raffle where the 1st prize was ....... a Helicopter!

Comment

I always seem to bump into famous people at music festivals! I met Cris Mills (Kula Shaker) Sarah Cox, Fat boy slim,Zoe Ball and Har Mar Superstar (All very drunk!) I met Mani and Clint Boon and I jumped on Phill Jupitus (From Nevamind the Buzzcocks) thinking he was some one else, he gave me a big hug!
      I've also met Ant and Dec (AKA PJ & Duncan) Toni DeBart, Bill Odie (In Virgin Mega Store)and Prince Charles on numerous occasions(He used to come and watch our choir at Xmas)

Comment

I saw Steve Coogan in the Natural History Museum once, I was tempted to shout "A-HAAA!" or "DAN!" at him, but he'd probably punch me. Also i've seen Vic Reeves walking through Maidstone town centre a few times.

Comment

Ah yes, I met the Levellers once too.

Comment

I bet if you worked at an international airport you would see them all

Comment

i met jim bowen once after a show and asked for an autograph, what a miserable S.O.B he was!
              Without music, life is a journey through a desert.

Comment

Er was at school with a guy Stephen Flynn who has acted in a few tv programmes. Same school as Charity Dingle but she was after my time there.
                Met...
                Eric Morecambe in a post office in Hest Bank.
                Norman Wisdom on the Isle of Man.
                David Jason held a door for me in Selfridges when I was 12.
                Nigel Mansell.... unfortunately on the Isle of Man involving my motorbike and his car.
                sigpic
                Mrs Oggy
                ~~~*~~~*~~~
                Count your friends amongst the stars....
                And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Over the years I've met a lot of stage performers not only in theatres but also in public places. Most of those I have had the pleasure of knowing personally for a lot of years. One night Ruth my wife and I were asked to go back stage by a Mr. Derek Yelding at the Winter Gardens Pavilion Theatre Blackpool, to meet Danny La Rue. Although Ruth and I have known Mr. La Rue for a number of years it was the first time my wife had been asked to see him back stage. I had seen him back stage years ago when I was younger. With my wife being disabled he made her very welcome.

Comment

Met Danny and Richie McNamara from Embrace and had a lovely big cuddle with Gary Lightbody, lead singer of Snow Patrol - brilliant photo.

Comment

I met Sylvester McCoy the 7th Doctor (Who) at a video signing as then was, he was funny and kool, i was nervous meeting him, he put me at ease, by saying don't be nervous I only bite people on a wednsday night, then he said you'r e ok its only tuesday, a nice guy.

Comment

I sat next to Timmy Mallett at a swimming Gala in Denton, Manchester when I was kid (20 years ago). He gave me half a pork pie he was eating. I thought I was the coolest kid in town at the time. Little did I know!!!!

Comment

Chris Evans, Paul Whitehouse, Kathy Burke, Rhys Ifans, Russell Brand.
                          Was in the audience in TFI Friday and have also been on BBBM

Comment

Oooooooo you sound like a star in the making.

Comment

Who me? Noooooooo

Comment

Lol was teasing, Russel Brand kinda kool, but bit bonkers too.

Comment

Working...
                                X