X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80sChav
    replied
    Re: Films again and again . . .

I really like watching the Yoweing Inferno - it easily qualifies as one of the best films ever made comprising the 3 decades from the 1970s to 1990s. The original truly was an all time classic I think, as can be said for all the orginal Herbie Films which I can watch agai and again.

I like Summer Holiday too very much which is just such an adventure I think, as if it was almost an "explorers type" film. Cliff Richard entering into song at so many given opportunites as he did, made the film even greater still i feel/think

80sChav

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

jason and the argonauts is on at least 5 times a year jay.

lord of the ring the cartoony bakshi one as well.
    neverending story the first one.

any critters film.

Leave a comment:

• Jay Mc
    replied

I have lost count of how many times I have watched Star Wars/Empire/Jedi ....

Also love Jason and the Argonauts.... always seemed to be on at christmas

Big fan of John Wayne films (got it from my dad ) and have seen the Horse Soldiers more times than I care to mention ......

the problem is that with so many channels to choose from they show a lot of my old favourites on TV on a regular basis and I feel like I have to watch it on TV even though I have most of them on DVD ...... My wife doesnt get it and thinks Im a bit mad ........ someone pleae tell me that Im not the only one

Leave a comment:

• ayrshireman
    replied

I own a spare copy of the 1961 Furneaux book if anyone is interested.

Leave a comment:

• ayrshireman
    replied

Re: 10 Rillington Place......

People should be very wary of quoting Evans as a classic example of misjustice.

Firstly, a forgotten or usually misquoted fact about Evans is that the Brabin Inquiry report found that Evans' had 'probably killed his wife' and that he had not killed his daughter. As Evans had been convicted of his daughter Geraldine's murder, and not the murder of his wife, Evans was granted a posthumous pardon in 1966.

Secondly, I very strongly recommend reading 'The Two Killers of Rillington Place' by John Eddowes released in 1994 (or Rupert Furneaux's 1961 book on the Christie-Evans case). Preferably both, cross referenced with Kennedy's book. Both found/find Evans guilty.

Like most, I grew up watching dear old Dicky Attenborough and John Hurt in 10 Rillington Place, and read Ludovic Kennedy's famous book on which the film script was based.And like many thought Evans an innocent man. Until 1995. And Eddowes book. BUT having read Eddowes book and having then re-read Kennedy's as well as Furneaux's and other articles on the case, I now and have for several years believed that in fact Evans DID commit murder and was NOT 'framed'.

I have even conversed personally with John Eddowes by email on this.

Eddowes frankly destroys Kennedy's book and in fact has an entire 'bullet point' chapter simply made up of all the mistakes, half truths and outright distortions of his 'evidence'. Not only did Eddowes study the Kennedy book and the pardon campaign in the 60's, he reinvestigates the case from top to bottom.

And Eddowes uncovered evidence that shows Christie could not have killed Beryl Evans and that Evans, far from being the simpleton portrayed by Hurt, was of normal intelligence and had a police record of domestic assault against Beryl Evans. And that he DID kill both his wife and daughter. And that Evans's legendary low IQ is quite simply a myth.

Eddowes also interviewed Timothy Evans's stepbrother (not sure whether he is still alive, he was in 1994-95 at the time of the Eddowes book) who always thought Evans did it. In fact he tells Eddowes this!. 'I must be the only person who thinks Tim did it', or words to that effect....

Which dosent make Christie any less of a monster, as he killed numerous others.....

Most British people believe Evans an innocent man. Primarily based on a film. Like me, after reading Eddowes and Furneaux, I doubt many would confidently share their earlier views with little doubt....at the very least, it should make anyone who reads it at least question the modern belief that Evans was an innocent victim.

I recommend the two books if anyone here comes across them. Fascinating reads.

Leave a comment:

• shilton dipper
    replied

10 Rillington Place........now thats one film that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

of these ive not seen
    day of the jackal odessa file and a bridge to far.

but i can just keep watching over and over any carry on film aprt from emmanuelle.

films such as clash of the titans the original.
    films such as the 3 omen films the originals.

most of the original halloween films and near enough any brit horrors from the sixties seventies and eighties as well as the star wars films.

and the birds as well.

Originally posted by ayrshireman View Post
    Day of the Jackal
    The Odessa File
    any Carry on film
    A Bridge Too Far
    Watership Down

Leave a comment:

• shilton dipper
    replied

i can watch Rebecca directed by Hitchcock (1940) over and over again........i have watched the film so many times i pretty much know all the lines
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Rebecca_1940_film_poster.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	260138

Leave a comment:

• xmark1234
    replied

i love watching warlords of atlantis i can watch tha film over and over

Leave a comment:

• ayrshireman
    replied

Basically I adore British black and white films, preferably 'kitchen sink' dramas but also Ealing Studio stuff and antything on the BFI top 100 list.
    Get yourself across to the Britmovie site and forum.

Leave a comment:

• ayrshireman
    replied

Day of the Jackal
    The Odessa File
    any Carry on film
    A Bridge Too Far
    Watership Down

Leave a comment:

• Jabbso
    replied

Kids films I've never grown out of and still watch:
    Swallows and amazons
    Watership down
    The Railway Children (70s version obv)
    Oliver

Non kids films
    A kind of loving
    Saturday night, Sunday morning
    Billy Liar
    Passport to Pimilico
    A kid for two farthings
    The life and death of Colonel Blimp
    Basically I adore British black and white films, preferably 'kitchen sink' dramas but also Ealing Studio stuff and antything on the BFI top 100 list.

Leave a comment:

• CitizenKeyne
    replied

"Warriorsssssss come out to playyyyyyyyyyyyy yaaaaaaaaa" classic movie ! !

Leave a comment:

• victorbrunswick
    replied

The Mask (1994)

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

great show.
    another for me is the goonies.
    just cant stop watching it.