Ooooohhhhh

lol

Comment

Re: Doctor Who is 48 Today!

I don't get it...

Comment

Originally posted by tony ingram View Post
          Usually, there are three 90 minute two parters in each 13 part series, and seven single parters. But yes, I would probably make two parters the norm.
          another thing i do not like is the coloured daleks.
          the old daleks looked far more menacing and sinister.
          daleks suit being grey or a slightly rusted colour.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
            another thing i do not like is the coloured daleks.
            the old daleks looked far more menacing and sinister.
            daleks suit being grey or a slightly rusted colour.
            I don't mind. I've actually got a set of those 'New Paradigm Daleks' in the colours you've mentioned. I quite like them...Daleks a Dalek to me. Just some balsa wood, plastic and whatever else on shopping trolley style wheels with a sink plunger....That Terry Nation made a fortune out of them and royalties for himself and his family after his death - hence the real reason the BBC don't really use them too often, because they have to pay extortionate amounts out to The Nation Estate to use their name, likeness etc in the show...I pity the actual guy that built the iconic look - Nation gave him a VERY rough drawing and an idea, the guy from the BBC props dept refined it and made it into what its now become i.e. an iconic template - all he got was a ONE OFF fee of £99 in around 1962/63....and Nation gets all the credit...

I think it'd be funny for NEW WHO to bring back the Mechanoids - they tried billing them as a deadlier new enemy alternative to Daleks...having seen Mechanoids they reminded me of the hexagonal type shapes on the Blockbusters board on the tv show mentioned in another topic...I think refining a Mechanoid would be an extremely difficult one to exact - challenging too.

Comment

The Machanoids remind me of the Dymaxion domes designed by Richard Buckminster Fuller.

There were planned to be a regular feature, but as the props were about the size of a bubble car, a studio full of them was hard to direct.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
                I don't mind. I've actually got a set of those 'New Paradigm Daleks' in the colours you've mentioned. I quite like them...Daleks a Dalek to me. Just some balsa wood, plastic and whatever else on shopping trolley style wheels with a sink plunger....That Terry Nation made a fortune out of them and royalties for himself and his family after his death - hence the real reason the BBC don't really use them too often, because they have to pay extortionate amounts out to The Nation Estate to use their name, likeness etc in the show...I pity the actual guy that built the iconic look - Nation gave him a VERY rough drawing and an idea, the guy from the BBC props dept refined it and made it into what its now become i.e. an iconic template - all he got was a ONE OFF fee of £99 in around 1962/63....and Nation gets all the credit...

I think it'd be funny for NEW WHO to bring back the Mechanoids - they tried billing them as a deadlier new enemy alternative to Daleks...having seen Mechanoids they reminded me of the hexagonal type shapes on the Blockbusters board on the tv show mentioned in another topic...I think refining a Mechanoid would be an extremely difficult one to exact - challenging too.

i never knew there was a nation estate and that the beeb have to pay big to use them old ones.
                now i see why the coloured ones are used mate.

very unfair nation gets all the credit.
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                what are your opinion on the new cybermen we have saw since dr who started again.

Comment

sf1378 another enemy we never see is the master who is the evil timelord.
                  he was a regular in the pertwee yrs we also saw him in peter davisons era in a story called planet of fire.

Comment

i never knew there was a nation estate and that the beeb have to pay big to use them old ones.

what are your opinion on the new cybermen we have saw since dr who started again.
                    No, Nation's family still get royalties. Just because they've been redesigned doesn't mean a thing. His legal savvy was such it basically means if it says 'Dalek' or you want to use the likeness - his family get big bucks. The 'new' Daleks are still Daleks. Nation Family win.

Comment

sf1378 another enemy we never see is the master who is the evil timelord.
                      he was a regular in the pertwee yrs we also saw him in peter davisons era in a story called planet of fire.
                      We have seen him recently. Yana regenerated into the 6th version of the Master as Harold Saxon MP and PM. Then he was in Tennants final outing. He'll be back. I like the fact we see less of him, its better that way.

The Pertwee era Master was okay imho but too much of him was annoying. I HATED the Antony Ainley Master, just hated him.

Comment

It doesn't matter whether it's the old or new ones; they still have to pay, since Nation and his heirs own the concept of the Daleks. The BBC own the design, it's a BBC Trademark.

As for the Cybermen, personally I don't like the new ones. They just look like robots to me. The Cybermen were more effective when you could see that they used to be human.

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
                          ...The Pertwee era Master was okay imho but too much of him was annoying.
                          Roger Delgado, ...annoying?! How dare you!

*Falls over, shocked

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
                            Roger Delgado, ...annoying?! How dare you!

*Falls over, shocked

* repeats 'annoying' again *...........tsk

Jon Pertwee was brilliant.........he also wore some fab clothes and his scarves are legendary!

so there!

Comment

Originally posted by shilton dipper View Post

* repeats 'annoying' again *...........tsk

Jon Pertwee was brilliant.........he also wore some fab clothes and his scarves are legendary!

so there!
                              Jon Pertwee never wore a scarf.

Comment

Originally posted by tony ingram View Post
                                Jon Pertwee never wore a scarf.

he didn't?...........then which one did?................was it Tom Baker?

Comment

Working...
                                X