Clear All

• 80sChav
    replied
    Re: Bread ... sorry if there's another post

Originally posted by darren View Post
    Yes i loved it.
    watched it from start to finish.

although i did not like the new joey.
    by the end either the original cast where gone completely or played by other actors actresses.
    a clip here.
    http://youtu.be/BdsUrK822kI
    I am like you Darren, I never liked the new Joey! Same for Melanie Hill as Aveline too. Though I don't think it changed as radicaly as you said cast wise by Series 7. yeah Aveline and Joey were'nt the originals and Julie was played by a different actress but she had been by Series 3 and quite frankly I think that carla had ruun out of ideas for Julie and her character had had it's natural run. Leonora Campbell was a great addition and a great move moving her into Julie's I thought and how contary to what Jack believed it was great to know (as the viewer) that it'd all go wrong for Jack and Leonora just as it had for Billy and Julie!

It was a shame there was no Shifty in Series 7, as though he wasJack's replacement of sort's ... they actualy worked well together when I truly thought they'd not. Bread really could have and should ofrun until at least 1994 and if the internet had been commen knowledge then in 1991 like it is now it could easily of brought Bread back I believe .... no questions asked!

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

I liked the earlier series, up until they went to Rome in an Xmas special.

After that the standard of writing seemed to slip. I guess Carla Lane was running short of ideas.

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

(1986-05-01) bread ran from 1 May 1986 to 3 November 1991.
    there where seven series.
    7 episodes in total.
    episodes where 30 mins each.
    it was shown on bbc 1.

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
    I have done quite a search and not found another post par one about Carla Laine, but it very only slightly mentioed Bread!

Is there any fans of the amzing sitcom Bread on here - I am a mega mega fan of it. It'd be great to chat to any other members regards it an/or here others' thoughts!!

Thanks,

80s Chav
    Yes i loved it.
    watched it from start to finish.

although i did not like the new joey.
    by the end either the original cast where gone completely or played by other actors actresses.
    a clip here.
    http://youtu.be/BdsUrK822kI

Leave a comment:

• 80sChav
    replied

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
    Yes I loved the show!! Didn't like the Joey cast change though.
    Me neither, nor Aveline!

Leave a comment:

• Marine Boy
    replied

Yes I loved the show!! Didn't like the Joey cast change though.

Leave a comment:

• 80sChav
    started a topic Bread

Bread

I have done quite a search and not found another post par one about Carla Laine, but it very only slightly mentioed Bread!

Is there any fans of the amzing sitcom Bread on here - I am a mega mega fan of it. It'd be great to chat to any other members regards it an/or here others' thoughts!!

Thanks,

80s Chav
Working...
X