X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80sChav
    replied
    Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    I was reading elsewhere about celebrity guest appearances on TV shows, and I read that Linda McCartney had made a guest appearance in Bread - referring to it as "Linda McCartney on Bread", which as she put her name to a frozen vegatarian food range, doesn't sound too bad as a meal in itself!
    As did the legend Paul MCartney himself - though it was only one scene George

As the years have gone on I have noticed more and more from Bread appearing on Grange Hill and versa, the 2 notable ones being Jean Boht (RIP) Mrs Boswell way back in the early days of Grange Hill as the Pet Shop servant and of course Giles Watling as Becky Radcliffe's Dad in Series 22 (no relation) to Tegs as he was called Ratcliffe and then of course Magdalana after being Magdalana in Bread in Series 4 and 5 she became a friend of Mr Brisley's at the Fashion Show 9 I think her name was Marti) and of course the Guy who played Liam from St Joe's in Grange Hill who went out with Justine also in Series 15 very famously had a small part in Bread in 1986 (unsure if was Series 1 or 2) when him and his mates so aveline outside a shop and whistled at her. Uncle Eddie in Bread was also in Grange Hill as the Copper who cautioned Ronnie for shop-lifting and Tegs in Grange Hill's Step Dad of Ted Hills fame in EastEnders was also a Copper in Bread

My latest find/link is Mr Arnold from Grange Hill who did near on 6 years on and off and became easily the longest serving Parent in the Series also had a one-ff small part as Docotor Masefield in Bread's Final Series!

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied
    I was reading elsewhere about celebrity guest appearances on TV shows, and I read that Linda McCartney had made a guest appearance in Bread - referring to it as "Linda McCartney on Bread", which as she put her name to a frozen vegatarian food range, doesn't sound too bad as a meal in itself!

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied
    Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    "I want me pudding... where's me pudding?"

At least it developed one or two memorable catchphrases, and I suppose that Les Dennis was one of the many comedians who used to impersonate Grandad - probably easy for him to do considering he was from Liverpool himself.
    I remember learning to say things like "I want it on a tray with some tea & a bottle of tomato ketchup!" in Grandad's voice!

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied
    "I want me pudding... where's me pudding?"

At least it developed one or two memorable catchphrases, and I suppose that Les Dennis was one of the many comedians who used to impersonate Grandad - probably easy for him to do considering he was from Liverpool himself.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied
    Originally posted by 80sChav View Post

Hmm this was odd about Celia and Rita Tushingham who played her her yes Richard

It was resolved with Joey and Roxy - he married her in the last ever episode after she had finished constantly flitting from Liverpool to Birmingham and Bristol
    I'd more or less stopped watching by the last series so missed that!

Leave a comment:

• 80sChav
    replied
    Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
    Re: Bread ... sorry if there's another post

Shifty's ex-girlfriend Celia Higgins vanished without a trace in the 1989 series, not even a line to mention she had moved away.

I remember Bread had a few odd things that never seemed to be resolved, like Joey's dog Edgar & his odd relationship with Roxy.
    Hmm this was odd about Celia and Rita Tushingham who played her her yes Richard

It was resolved with Joey and Roxy - he married her in the last ever episode after she had finished constantly flitting from Liverpool to Birmingham and Bristol

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy Spice
    replied
    Bread is currently being repeated on Freeview channel Thats TV, in the UK. They are showing the second series at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• 80sChav
    replied

I don't think I watch too much of the later ones, so I must have missed that one.
    Actualy in saying this Richard,there was not even a wedding scene - just a shot of an Hotel in Gretna Green and both Joey and Adrian then came home and announced they were both married!!

Leave a comment:

• 80sChav
    replied

I don't think I watch too much of the later ones, so I must have missed that one.
    Yeah it is not shown G.O.L.D much and sadly it look's like it'll never make DVD (the full 7 Series) anyway!

You did'nt miss much at all actualy - it was a poor poor Series but I have grown to like it in it's own little merry way, but Freddie and Shifty not being in that Series did'nt help at all sadly I feel.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 80sChav
    replied

Shifty's ex-girlfriend Celia Higgins vanished without a trace in the 1989 series, not even a line to mention she had moved away.

I remember Bread had a few odd things that never seemed to be resolved, like Joey's dog Edgar & his odd relationship with Roxy.

Granadad was always good for a sound bite, normally saying something uncouth at just the wrong moment.

Yeah Richard, it was very strage regards Celia! Last we knew of her - She had agreed to be engaged again to Shifty in Rome!

It is a bit of a little known fact, but the Joey-Roxy storyline did get resolved - in the final episode of Series 7. He fleed home after years of trying to sort everyone's problems and had a Double Wdding with Adrian and ireene also marrying in Gretna Green. What became of Adrian and Ireene we'll not know, but I think it's fair regards Joey to say "What became of the broken-hearted" as Roxy would of easily broken his heart again I feel.

Leave a comment:

• Marine Boy
    replied

...Grandad was always good for a sound bite, normally saying something uncouth at just the wrong moment.
    You just reminded me...I LOVED the Grandad character and his quips.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

Granadad was always good for a sound bite, normally saying something uncouth at just the wrong moment.

Leave a comment:

• shilton dipper
    replied

when i saw the title of the thread i thought you were going to post about Bread the band...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riBsOHkApmU

Leave a comment:

• 80sChav
    replied

I liked the earlier series, up until they went to Rome in an Xmas special.

After that the standard of writing seemed to slip. I guess Carla Lane was running short of ideas.
    Yeah though Jack was only in 1 episode of the 1988 Series (and that was only his voice) - I think it is fair to say that that Series was the best ever and it had it's pinnacle then! I forget how many watyched Aveline mary Oswald but it was equal easily to what some Soap's get these day's!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X