No announcement yet.

Bread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bread is currently being repeated on Freeview channel Thats TV, in the UK. They are showing the second series at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
      Re: Bread ... sorry if there's another post

Shifty's ex-girlfriend Celia Higgins vanished without a trace in the 1989 series, not even a line to mention she had moved away.

I remember Bread had a few odd things that never seemed to be resolved, like Joey's dog Edgar & his odd relationship with Roxy.
      Hmm this was odd about Celia and Rita Tushingham who played her her yes Richard

It was resolved with Joey and Roxy - he married her in the last ever episode after she had finished constantly flitting from Liverpool to Birmingham and Bristol

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post

Hmm this was odd about Celia and Rita Tushingham who played her her yes Richard

It was resolved with Joey and Roxy - he married her in the last ever episode after she had finished constantly flitting from Liverpool to Birmingham and Bristol
        I'd more or less stopped watching by the last series so missed that!
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

"I want me pudding... where's me pudding?"

At least it developed one or two memorable catchphrases, and I suppose that Les Dennis was one of the many comedians who used to impersonate Grandad - probably easy for him to do considering he was from Liverpool himself.
          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
            "I want me pudding... where's me pudding?"

At least it developed one or two memorable catchphrases, and I suppose that Les Dennis was one of the many comedians who used to impersonate Grandad - probably easy for him to do considering he was from Liverpool himself.
            I remember learning to say things like "I want it on a tray with some tea & a bottle of tomato ketchup!" in Grandad's voice!
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I was reading elsewhere about celebrity guest appearances on TV shows, and I read that Linda McCartney had made a guest appearance in Bread - referring to it as "Linda McCartney on Bread", which as she put her name to a frozen vegatarian food range, doesn't sound too bad as a meal in itself!
              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
              X