Sitcoms 70's-90's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Worst TV sit Com ever.....

I remember Mulberry could be very surreal, but other sitcoms at the time (Brittas Empire, 2.4 Children...) also went a bit weird.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
      a briitish married with children.
      never knew there was such a show.
      Seems like there's also a Russian Married... With Children
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tmvM...eature=related

Comment

• Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
        Seems like there's also a Russian Married... With Children
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tmvM...eature=related
        Wow a russian married with children.
        wonder just how many countries had a version of this.
        looks ok.

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
        I remember Mulberry could be very surreal, but other sitcoms at the time (Brittas Empire, 2.4 Children...) also went a bit weird.
        i remember brittas empire did it not have nigel havers in it.
        not actually that bad.
        thing is with lots of these sitcoms they start out very good but ionce they start going bad instead oif stopping them they keep going.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

The Russian version is called Schastlivy Vmeste (Happy Together).

Comment

[QUOTE=darren;159523]Wow a russian married with children.
            looks ok.

According to Wikipedia there were six versions. Argentina,Armenia,Germany and Hungary
            make up the others.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
              I went on to the You-tube link Richard, yeah it was sureal i'd agree with you here easily. Though in repliance to what you said Sly, I have sure seen far far worse Comedy's - I found Mullbery really good and quite interesting. hough as has been said about "tastes", weall don't like the same .... imagine that, that'd be terrible I reckon/think.

Comment

[QUOTE=sweep;159529]
                Originally posted by darren View Post
                Wow a russian married with children.
                looks ok.

According to Wikipedia there were six versions. Argentina,Armenia,Germany and Hungary
                make up the others.
                armenia had a version of it.WOW.
                im shocked armenia had heard of it.

Comment

Originally posted by HG View Post
                  I'd go along with that, I used to like Game On when it was on, but have tried to watch it again and boy is it ****.

I'd also throw in
                  Birds of a Feather
                  Terry and June
                  The Upper Hand
                  terry and june and two pints i really like a well as birds of a feather.
                  not so fond of upper hand.

Comment

I sat and watched the whole first series of Mulberry when I put that up, and I have to say, its a great story, but the comedy in it leaves a lot to be desired. I don't think any other comedy shows had such a deep running theme to them as this did. I guess it should be applauded for that.

Comment

The 2 worst i can think of are

Eldorado http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eldorado_(TV_series)

and

Albion Market http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albion_Market

Comment

Eldorado was a soap... I guess it could be considered a sitcom though, given how bad it was.

I've never even hear of the other.

Comment

I used to and think (and until about a few years a-go) even would've nominated As Time Goes By, as I don't really rate and see what the fuss is about why Judi dench is such a grerat actress.

Amazingly though i've grown to lke it a lot lot more in recent times, but as much as i'm no fan of Judi Dench the bloke who played Lionel was immensly terrible opposite her and probably made Judia ppear poor in many a way. He has to be one of the worsr actors to be on Tv consistantly for such a long period, for the time as long as he was Lionel I think.

Comment

I think only Fools and Horses could easily qualify for both best and worst sitcom depending on the timeline.The early series are great but it started to go downhill when they introduced the two girlfriends and it was killed stone dead when Del Boy got married and the wife moved in.The last Christmass special which had that guy in the back of the van saying "Gary" was just woefull.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                              I used to and think (and until about a few years a-go) even would've nominated As Time Goes By, as I don't really rate and see what the fuss is about why Judi dench is such a grerat actress.

Amazingly though i've grown to lke it a lot lot more in recent times, but as much as i'm no fan of Judi Dench the bloke who played Lionel was immensly terrible opposite her and probably made Judia ppear poor in many a way. He has to be one of the worsr actors to be on Tv consistantly for such a long period, for the time as long as he was Lionel I think.
                              Geoffrey Palmer is a terrible actor, I agree. You better believe he'd have kicked your *rse in his younger days, he was a Royal Marine. Hard to believe that, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by darkdubh View Post
                                I think only Fools and Horses could easily qualify for both best and worst sitcom depending on the timeline.The early series are great but it started to go downhill when they introduced the two girlfriends and it was killed stone dead when Del Boy got married and the wife moved in.The last Christmass special which had that guy in the back of the van saying "Gary" was just woefull.
                                Delboy never married Raquel

The "Gary" episode was "strangers on the shore" , one from last episode

i cant agree that it qualifies as worst sitcom, the latter ones are not as good , i believe they should have finished it when they became millionaires but the latter ones when they lost the money was OK. for me only one word describes Only Fools...... CLASSIC !
                                WHO'S THE TART?

Comment

Working...
                                X