• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Worst TV sit Com ever.....

'Shane' was the worst sitcom ever

Comment

Film 24 on satellite showed a serious contender from the past:
      Take A Letter Mrs Jones, with John Inman. AND Rula Lenska!!!

Truly awful.

Comment

"STRIKER" 1970s BBC kids football drama

before anyone says it - I am NOT thinking of "Jossie's Giants"!!!! This was an early 1970s BBC fictional drama show. The team played in blue shirts with red/white diagonal stripes. I believe the team was coached by an ex Leeds United player. (his daughter fancied one of "the lads" on the team!) It may also have featured an old guy who I think was Nora Batty's husband in Last Of The Summer Wine. I used to have the paperback book of the show.

Comment

Re: "STRIKER" 1970s BBC kids football drama

Link forStricker posted by marine Boy on this thread https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...hlight=striker

Oh and one posted by myself https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...hlight=striker
          Heather

Comment

Yes, I remember that thread. Here's a pic...

Last edited by Marine Boy; 03-07-2010, 23:04.

Comment

Wow! written by Kenneth Cope

Comment

A similar response here, I think he wrote for TV a few times in the 1960s-70s.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

last of the summer wine

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Originally posted by onthebusescrazy View Post
                    last of the summer wine
                    Got to agree, it was good in the 70's but the comedy of the recent series (last 10 - 15 years) is seriousely dated, Still Game is what last of the summer wine should be like, brilliant scottish sit com.

Comment

I HATE Last of the summer wine....My parents said 'that bloody wine never seems to end!' It just wasn't funny.

Yus Muther with Mike Reid was awful so I'm told...

On the Buses...The Conductor, Ugly Olive, Stan with his greasy hair and his mates bad teeth...ergh. And Stans morose, useless bro in law...

Home To Roost - that has got to be the nadir period of John Thaw's career - what made it worse was the canned laughter and Reese Dinsdale....

Mind Your Language - yes, lets really steryotype foreigners - rolls eyes....

I've seen Take a Letter Mr Jones, it is baaaaaad....

It Ain't Half Hot Mum....yuck.

Metal Mickey, Thats My Boy with Mollie Sugden (I think), there was another I despised as a kid with Thora Hird called Hallelujah about the Sally Army and I think Christopher Beeny (Edward in Upstairs, Downstairs) was in it...

BRASS with Timothy West,

Love Thy Neighbour - it was funny but it must be said it was totally and utterly racist,

Terry & June and Never The Twain - totally naff BUT utterly watchable. I loved the theme tunes and the riiiiiiicccccchhhh voices of Sinden and Davies made it funny as a kid...

Comment

PS, My Family is naff, its NOT funny.

2.4 Children - rubbish. We used to be glad Corrie was on at the same time so switched over sharpish I think....lol.

Father Ted was brilliant. But having seen then over and over again I simply don't watch them now on repeated channels like More 4 etc....I also liked The IT Crowd made by the same writing team....

Comment

Originally posted by zip55 View Post
                          Well, it would have boiled dry after the second series ... there wasn't a third ...
                          Trickyvee's summed up Faulty Tower's perfectly. It rubbish and overrated. If I ever have the misfortune of bumping into Cleese I'd tell that to him and counter whatever snide remark he'd make....Its just like Trickys said, 'your supposed to like it, and if you don't apparently you've had a sense of humour bypass etc'....People only probably really watched it because an ex Python fronted it...and we had what? 2, 3 channels back then....I dunno. Not my cuppa.

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
                            Trickyvee's summed up Faulty Tower's perfectly. It rubbish and overrated. If I ever have the misfortune of bumping into Cleese I'd tell that to him and counter whatever snide remark he'd make....Its just like Trickys said, 'your supposed to like it, and if you don't apparently you've had a sense of humour bypass etc'....People only probably really watched it because an ex Python fronted it...and we had what? 2, 3 channels back then....I dunno. Not my cuppa.
                            This is blamsphony in TV terms is'nt! John Cleese is one of the best berst ever actors these shores has ever seen i' say. Even eclipsing David Jason and that is some task i'd say. My nominations would be;

My Family - how anybody can abide that dribel is past me and more so how it has run for well over a decade!

As Time Goes By - yeah though ... as time has gone by i've got more into it - but I can not and never have got what the attraction is regards Dame Judy Dench as an actress (and the guy who played Lionel) was even more wooden than the National Forest 95/97% of the time I thought!!

If I think of any more i'll add as and when!

Comment

In patches I like and don't like The Green Green Grass Of Home. I am glad it was kept as it was and had no OFAH Chracters par Boycie, Marlenne and The Driscol Brothers (who I doubt where the same actors possibly), but I do (sort of) like it on it's own merit ..... then again if it had had Del By, Rodney, Denzil, Trigger in it'd of been a right scream!!

Talking of Rodney/Nick Lyndurst was'nt in "Hello Girls" with Lettuia Dean or was that Victor McGuire (Jack from Bread) where they time travlled - either way it was appauling as a comedy and totaly divide of realism! Sadly too I never got to like 'Allo 'Allo, and I felt it never deserved the run it had!Did anyone else ever like Luve - another Carla Laine creation ...... it was on TV about 2 years after Bread ended - which'd be 1993 I think.

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
                                its just we find different things funny and thats a good thing mate..
                                i really cant think of a sitcom i hate.

personally i loved it but thats me.
                                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                                X