Rissoles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Birds Eye Rissoles

Remember when they (Birds Eye) released those small bite size pieces of fish under the name "Cod Pieces" ? Soon changed that ...

Comment

I remember seeing a clid of Redney Bewes on a Faggots ad, somehow he managed to keep deanpan throughout.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Brain's Faggots are fab!
        and I loved those Cod ball pieces too

Comment

Re: Rissoles

Rissoles were around in the sixties. I remember about 1964 or 65 when i was about 3 or 4, was a advert featuring mr rissole head, who looked and talked like a west country farmer. Always stuck in my mind

Comment

Now this must be a regional thing. Fish cakes here are fish cakes...where Rissoles are something completely different.

A rissole here is made from Corned Beef, potato, onion, herbs and whatever else the maker puts into their recipe. They are made into balls and covered in breadcrumbs and deep fried.

There is a Fish and Chip shop in Brynmill in Swansea that is famous for their rissoles. They are the last of the old school husband and wife back street shops, and their home made rissoles are legendary....and about the size of a cricket ball.

Well that's my lunch decided......Thanks for helping me with my diet guys!

Comment

i absolutely loved rissoles...........ohhh yummy my fav thing to have with chips and beans as a kid...............I wish they made them today * slurps *

Comment

A fishcake as mentioned by sixtyten in sheffield , is also sold in bradford.

Comment

cant remember having rissolers but perhaps they where called fishcakes over here.
                  going by what is mentioned in this thread to what they where made of i could well of had them.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
                    Looked a bit like a fish cake, but with barley ( I think) and some minced up meat (usually lamb) of some description and covered in breadcrumbs.Buzz
                    sounds about right to me
                    Heather

Comment

It must have been due to their limited manufacturing process, or to save money. But Bird's Eye Rissoles looked just like BE Fishcakes, but with the meat (?) mixture instead. Round and flat covered in breadcrumbs.

Comment

Working...
                      X