Ian Lavender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ian Lavender

Ian Lavender - the last member of Captain Mainwaring's legendary platoon in Dad's Army, has left us, aged 77.

I wonder if, when he reaches the Pearly Gates and St Peter asks his name a voice will call out "Don't tell him Pike!"

https://www.theguardian.com/film/202...r-dies-aged-77

I actually thought that there were already no surviving Dad's Army cast members (while Lavender was still with us). I think that it is because I always associate the cast being middle-aged in the days when being in one's 20s or 30s did make one older than middle-aged. He was in his 20s when the series began in 1968.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

A brilliant actor who made Dad's Army what it was - though all the other actors in-paricular Arthur Lowe as Mainwairing and Jonsey too probably are the best Ian easily fits into the top 3 with his perfect timing of utter rubbish that pike became known for spitting out. Also I liked him and grew fond of his EastEnders character Derek too - who was quite a breath of fresh air at thet time. Often poor Derek was made a fool out of by Pauline I recall or just generally pushed away by her. Bless him - the poor Guy really tried with her - but was always batting with his hands tied behind his back - a great actor who will be well well missed who provided us with some amazing pieces of acting on Dads Army

RIP Ian Lavender

Comment

Rip ian.

I didnt know dads army started in 1968 and watching episoides of it some of the cast were of a fair age.
        So some of them prob died decades ago.

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Sad news... so many famous faces leaving these days.
          My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Working...
          X