Boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boats

Memories of life on the water,when I was a kid we went on a rowing boat on a lake,my dad got into difficulty and we got stuck in those reed things,I was glad to get back on dry land

Re: Boats

I remember going on a pedalo with my brother on a like in a park in Northampton, when we at the far end it started to rain, & we were drenched by the time we got back to the moorings!
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I remember hiring small boats, similar to pedalos, but instead of feet you worked it with your hands, like those early paddle steamers, but muscle-powered.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
        I remember hiring small boats, similar to pedalos, but instead of feet you worked it with your hands, like those early paddle steamers, but muscle-powered.
        Yes I've seen some like that.

Hodges uses one in an episode of Dad's Army when they get stuck on the end of a pier.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Remember Holiday on the buses,the boating lake it was really shallow,when Olive was messing about

Comment

not the best pic in the world, but here's my cousin (rowing) and i in a wooden dinghy that my dad restored.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X