Coronavirus... thoughts ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    Got a testing kit a couple of weeks ago and and it came up negative on the lateral flow test - I have to say that it saved my birthday this year!

(It felt ticklish twisting the stick in my nostrils five or six times).
    I don't think I'd fancy that or the throat test.Was rumours they may introduce the spit test

Comment

• I believe that this virus will not disappear in the nearest future (a couple of years) simply because there is so much ado around vaccination. A lot of people are afraid of vaccinating. I myself got concerned about my health lately so decided to take a closer look at medical insurances.I really like what Healthplan offers. They offer the best value for money, I guess.
      Last edited by DemetriusVVV; 04-10-2021, 20:59.

Comment

• Originally posted by amethyst View Post

I don't think I'd fancy that or the throat test. Was rumours they may introduce the spit test
        It's a lot more convenient, and to cut a long story short, it stopped my birthday celebrations from being cancelled this year.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

• Originally posted by DemetriusVVV View Post
          I believe that this virus will not disappear in the nearest future (a couple of years) simply because there is so much ado around vaccination. A lot of people are afraid of vaccinating.
          I don't think so either.Another winter to get through.Its the selfish ones will put us into lockdown

Comment

• Was in Morrisons 2 selfish maskless women were coughing and trying on Halloween masks,disgusting I was cringing

Comment

• I just don't understand how most countries have allowed the misinformation and other b(usines)s against mask wearing and vaccines. I was reading someone from Holland saying how their tolerance for anti-vaccers way back led to them still seeing polio cases into the '80s. My father remembers he had to get a bunch of vaccines in advance of visiting Holland in the mid '70s and that polio was one of them. There are a few people who really can't have a vaccine, but most people can and had everyone who could done so we'd all be doing much better than we are at this point.
              My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

• That's why this covid will always be around the anti brigade fault

Comment

• We just had a very prominent anti-covid 'activist' type around here die, of covid. He said the whole thing was exaggerated and healthy people like himself had no reason to fear or follow rules! He had refused to quarantine after leaving and re-entering the country and had filed a lawsuit against the authorities for fining him, guess that case is closed. All you needed this young man said was to be healthy and take your vitamins. His last video online was about how although he felt a bit ill it wouldn't be covid and he would prove how being healthy is all anyone would need (and I guess tough biscuits to those who faced something else in their health to make them more vulnerable as far as people like him were concerned). Oops? I hope a lot more of these stories get attention instead of stuff about someone a celebrity of some sort heard of who knew someone that became infertile or other dodgy nonsense, complete with horse de-wormer or not.
                  My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

• Here's a link to a Vancouver area paper's story about this warrior against reality... might be useful to convince a few, you never know.

https://www.newwestrecord.ca/coronav...parhar-4727757
                    Last edited by beccabear67; 05-11-2021, 22:02.

Comment

• Originally posted by beccabear67 View Post
                      I just don't understand how most countries have allowed the misinformation and other b(usines)s against mask wearing and vaccines. I was reading someone from Holland saying how their tolerance for anti-vaccers way back led to them still seeing polio cases into the '80s. My father remembers he had to get a bunch of vaccines in advance of visiting Holland in the mid '70s and that polio was one of them. There are a few people who really can't have a vaccine, but most people can and had everyone who could done so we'd all be doing much better than we are at this point.
                      I always wear a mask when I am on the bus on in the supermarket, and the irony is that I could be exempt if I wanted to - I wrote to various supermarkets and department stores asking what their policy was around a year ago. On the other hand, getting on the wrong side of security guards and trying to prove that one is exempt can be a lot more difficult than just putting a mask on.
                      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

• Thanks beccabear67 read the link the picture says it all

Comment

• They confirmed the man died from covid (despite his not believing in it), and perhaps his story will get through to similarly minded folks. Not the only story like this however.

The genuine exemptions are not likely to make a big noise about it, they are who we most need to protect in fact. My mother knows someone recently going through chemotherapy for cancer and their immune system is suppressed and handicapped by it leaving them very susceptible to viruses generally, and everyone around her including myself has made sure to have masks on and surfaces sanitized. She's made it through the most hazardous period now thankfully.

Recently in a neighbourhood near mine, a few days ago but after Halloween, signs appeared on poles with the cryptic message 'they are going to kill the kids'. This has been the hysteria since Pfizer announced development of a vaccine specifically for children. It might start within two or three weeks for 5-12 year olds here. Schools have been showing the most increases in transmission. I wish authorities would get doing a better job of explaining the science to people, I've gotten through here and there about the odds based on what we know, but somehow a lot are still buying a story of some person 'somewhere' having a bad time after a vaccination (and even then maybe not because of it) to the point of risking their own death or the deaths of others. Just basic maths can bring about the best choice. Keep it simple? I guess I thought we would be through with covid at this point, over a year and half later.

Comment

• Well these anti people must be living on another planet if they think covid is fake it doesn't exist.Thats why we are in the state we are covid goes on and on,no end in sight.It is ripping through the schools and we have another 4 months before spring arrives.You are still unable to plan 2022 holidays and things we just got to have a little bit of hope that we don't have years and years of this evil virus made in China.I was told by my friend her son in law is in the know that we are likely to have vaccines every six months

Comment

• This new variant is spreading round the world.Testing times for the next 3 months of winter.There is no end to this evil virus

Comment

• When they do 'stop' flights coming in from somewhere it's always days or weeks after the announcement. It would have been cheaper at the very first sighting to just compensate people for their time either isolating for a period after landing or isolated where they were until they have been negative long enough to be allowed to fly. I've never been a jet setter, mostly stay well within a thousand kilometers of home 100% of a year but do travel by boat regularly living on island. The one time I was very far away it was by train, but most people I know have flown incredible distances in the past... however most have given that up from early 2020.

Comment

Working...
                                X