Re: American Election 2020

Paddy Power odds as we speak ...

Trump 7/2

Biden 2/9

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Biden & it looks like Trump can't win it now.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Biden has 253 projected electoral votes according to major U.S. and Canadian media, so if he just continues to lead Nevada and their 6 votes, and Arizona with their 11, he is at 270 without even needing Pennsylvania.

The last popular vote total I saw had Biden with over 3 million more votes than Trump, passing the amount Hillary had.

The Senate however looks to stay at the exact same 52/48 split in favor of Republicans.

The real damage is how many people no longer feel 'at home' in their country, and I don't mean confederate flag fanciers or collectors of military style assault weapons. What are people saying to so many groups we've seen targeted in backing Trump at this time? And after four years of objectively poor performance in the job; not at all bringing people together which used to be a function of the position. I was really hopeful that there was a genuine conservative Republican base for getting free of him. Democracy requires two healthy parties bare minimum, and there is a lot that is very unhealthy about one lately, while the worst of the other in comparison is closer to nitpicking (pushing bike lanes, mandating masks and other safety measures, increased social spending, and housing maybe some who aren't going to prove worth it).

Well, the healing and the uniting thing just seems further away than ever.
            My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

We will probably know sometime today if Biden wins Arizona and Nevada then he has 270 to be the president.We wont here the last from Trump supporters sour grapes cant accept the result

Comment

I have friends who live in New York - they are Democrat voters and they used to keep me updated with their intentions.

Trump should not have won a first term in the first place, never mind stand for a second term - I just cannot wait to see him officially booted out by the voters.
                I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Fed up about hearing about American news. Waited last night for some national news but had to sit through half hour of American before we got to it. Our own elections are bad enough. It's a real bore man!

But being English through and through. Trump should of been Hung Drawn and Quartered for walking in front of the Queen during his visit or at least thrown in the tower and the key thrown away.

Comment

I have never known an election to last for so long think we will have a rerun like Brexit the opposition cannot accept the result

Comment

I think the 2000 Bush Jr. vs. Al Gore election went on and on with the result coming down to disputes about Florida. That might be the best one to compare this one to although it was the Republican who prevailed and not the Democrat former VP.

The media projected Biden earlier today after being too cautious to do so last night (and perhaps it being night there were certain fears?)... so it's traditionally accepted to declare Joe Biden now 'President Elect' of the U.S. His statement the other night, before that call, was centered on healing, uniting, and protecting against threats. Regardless of the 'liking' or 'not liking' business that's grown in fashion I would recognize that he is qualified to do the job. I didn't particularly 'like' Hillary but I felt it was important to recognize her qualifications. I hope they can get back to that sort of common-sense hiring for a job we need done over these other revolutionary sorts of, well name-calling/branding based populist 'things'. I don't think we can afford those luxuries, time to crack on with the jobs that need doing... and most people need and want to go back to work!
                      My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

I am just relieved that Biden has won - I couldn't stomach another four years of Trump in the White House because he was failed the quality test for any presidency - he should have not won a first term. I think that Biden will provide a light at the end of the tunnel especially during this dark coronavirus era we are in at the moment.

Roll on January 20th next near.
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Congratulations Joe accept the result Trump and his supporters and move on

Comment

I just don't understand why Trump is trying to throwing his toys out of the pram and trying to obtain legal action simply because he has lost the election and won't accept it, blaming the number of votes not counted or something - I saw some of the coronavirus press briefings he has had in the White House garden earlier on this year when I was tuned into CNN, and in a nutshell, the man is an idiot when it comes to questions directed to him. At least, even if COVID-19 is here to stay at the moment, Trump will not be, thank goodness.
                            I'm having so much fun
                            My lucky number's one
                            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Does anyone ever believed Trump had covid and only in hospital for a few days

Comment

Working...
                              X