No announcement yet.

Covid Vaccines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife and I had our booster jab yesterday.
    A little surprised to get the Moderna vaccine, when our first two jabs were AstraZeneca. The medic explained that Moderna is the preferred one for boosters, as most of the AZ stocks have now been shipped to the Third World and Pfizer is the most difficult vaccine to store and has a host of contra-indications.
    My right arm is slightly swollen around the site of the jab and was so painful that I could only sleep on my left side. Even pulling a shirt on this morning hurt like hell when it rubbed on my arm. My wife also has the sore arm and also a throbbing headache.
    Still, I reckon that's a small price to pay for another 6 months immunity.
    I suspect the pandemic will be with us for another couple of years yet.

Comment

The boosters seem to be coming along a bit slower in Canada, so far just the very elderly and people with serious other issues getting one. We are working mostly on getting kids jabbed for the first or second time. I remember getting all sorts of shots or oral vaccines while in school in the '70s-early '80s, it never seemed to be an issue or get questioned except by an extremely small fringe or minority religion of some kind.
      My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Originally posted by Cartimand View Post
        My wife and I had our booster jab yesterday.
        A little surprised to get the Moderna vaccine, when our first two jabs were AstraZeneca. The medic explained that Moderna is the preferred one for boosters, as most of the AZ stocks have now been shipped to the Third World and Pfizer is the most difficult vaccine to store and has a host of contra-indications.
        My right arm is slightly swollen around the site of the jab and was so painful that I could only sleep on my left side. Even pulling a shirt on this morning hurt like hell when it rubbed on my arm. My wife also has the sore arm and also a throbbing headache.
        Still, I reckon that's a small price to pay for another 6 months immunity.
        I suspect the pandemic will be with us for another couple of years yet.
        Snap I had the moderna booster,the first two were AstraZeneca.I felt the needle it was painful but as I sat in the area for 15 mins rest bite it went.So I got home took 2 paracetamol straight away,also took 2 before going to bed ,so far so good no side affects

Comment

Will they reach the target of vaccinating over 18 by 31st dec

Comment

Working...
          X