No announcement yet.

Covid Vaccines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the NHS reminders - I will try and find time to book my own. Mind you, I am very good at shielding and isolating and so I am sure I will get kudos from the powers that be as a result.

I am trying to think back to around 1984 when I had my BCG vaccine at school, and whether it was a similar thing.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst
      What I mean was lucozade pink lemonade lol
      Lucozade tastes best in its original or orange form.
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by HG View Post
        My mother had an achy arm after the first dose and then felt grotty the day after the second but nothing major.
        I was talking to a friend of mine over the phone around a month ago and she said that she had identical symptoms after she had it as well - she felt quite unwell for at least 24 hours, and she had been used to pain over the years due to one thing and another.
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Just got home from having my 2nd vaccine. Expect the achy arm to start in a couple of hours!

Comment

I didn't have a sore arm on the second jab
            it actually felt a bit worse than my first jab. This time, my arm became sort of weary after around 4 hours and then felt like it was burning for a further hour or two. It made it quite uncomfortable to do any typing, so I explained to my work colleagues that I would be finishing a bit early yesterday. Couple of paracetamol helped and, after an early night, I woke up this morning feeling fine.

Comment

It was the Oxford/Astrazeneca one. That seems to be the only vaccine on offer here dahn sarf. The only people I know who have had the Pfizer jab are family living in France.

Comment

which vaccines did they have mate.

Perhaps some vaccines have different side effects

glad everyone is ok.
                Hows u.

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                my cousin rang me this morning to say both of them had the vaccine on tuesday both are 72 by the way and both had aching arms yesterday.the rest of people family members friends neighbours have all been fine no reactions.do you know anyone that have had reactions to vaccine?
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

My niece and her husband have both been "double jabbed" .....they both tested positive yesterday along with their 2 year old daughter
                  Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Oh that's awful
                    More unusual than awful, these are the two groups supposedly LEAST LIKELY to get the virus aren't they?

Comment

My wife and i are both double jabbed but we take nothing for granted and never assume we are indestructable, the relaxation of rules whilst cases are on the increase is crazy but it is just weeks away

Comment

I personally don't find mask wearing an inconvenience and i don't understand peoples objections to them knowing that they are helping to keep transmission rates down

Comment

must agree mask wearing is no big deal to me.
                          Not only helps with covid but also means u dont sneeze over peeps.
                          In asian countries mask wearing has been the norm for decades.

Originally posted by tex View Post
                          i personally don't find mask wearing an inconvenience and i don't understand peoples objections to them knowing that they are helping to keep transmission rates down
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Had my flu jab felt the needle but no effects,my neighbours arm came up in a lump
                            Yeah, seriously considering it this year....60,000 deaths predicted.

Comment

I'm due a booster but giving it a few months as I had covid following my first two jabs so got a natural booster. I'm not antivax but 3 vaccines plus a flu jab and a dose of covid in 9 months just doesn't sit right with me.
                              The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

My wife and I had our booster jab yesterday.
                                A little surprised to get the Moderna vaccine, when our first two jabs were AstraZeneca. The medic explained that Moderna is the preferred one for boosters, as most of the AZ stocks have now been shipped to the Third World and Pfizer is the most difficult vaccine to store and has a host of contra-indications.
                                My right arm is slightly swollen around the site of the jab and was so painful that I could only sleep on my left side. Even pulling a shirt on this morning hurt like hell when it rubbed on my arm. My wife also has the sore arm and also a throbbing headache.
                                Still, I reckon that's a small price to pay for another 6 months immunity.
                                I suspect the pandemic will be with us for another couple of years yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X