Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your very petty pet hates

Originally posted by johnny1 View Post
    OK here's a couple of mine. People who wear sunglasses when there is no sun or wear them on their heads at night because they think they look cool (you really don't!), and prices in shops that end in 99 (what's the point !)
    And it's almost always women who wear sunglasses in all weather.

Comment

Wearing sunglasses on top of their baseball cap so naff

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
        Heck, I find baseball caps to be so naff. I get so sick of seeing everyone and their brother wearing ballcaps.

Comment

I have a few though not many, generally I try to be as easy going as possible now more than when I was younger - I've found being stressed by pet hates does me no favours. The main ones I can think of are Children (or should that be their Parents more so) who refuse to give up their seat on a Bus for an Adult. The worst thing I find about this is, the parents are around my age - which makes me sad in a way more than a Pet Hate, though it's still a part of both for me I think. Another is going to the Bus Station and the driver refusing you to be let on, though the bus has'nt reversed out ... that makes me want to scream ... as if they can not spare just that little time, that's not even a minute! Another main one is arrogant Shopkeepers - but luckily that is as and when and only bothers me at the time/s in question. I think generally these are the main ones, which I'd like to be none in an ideal world - though sadly this won't happen I feel/sense - but as the saying goes "you can dream"!

Comment

true, whats worse is having them the cap on back to front.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Prices end in 99 so people working on the cashier has to ring it through. If you buy something and it's £1 the person working there could just pocket the money. I remember McDonalds changing their £1 menu to a 99p one because staff were pocketing the money.

Comment

I feel sorry for residents who live on the british coast,having to put up with hen and stag do,s on weekend binge drinking etc dressing up in tacky outfits and being loud.It may be what they call fun,I would stay indoors for the weekend so I wouldnt have to see or hear themoh for peace and quiet.

Comment

I feel sorry for residents who live on the british coast,having to put up with hen and stag do,s on weekend binge drinking etc dressing up in tacky outfits and being loud.It may be what they call fun,I would stay indoors for the weekend so I wouldnt have to see or hear themoh for peace and quiet.
                  I feel more sorry for locals in countries like Spain and Greece that have to put up with hordes of drunken misbehaving Brits every year, I suppose the boost to their economy will help a bit though.
                  The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Inappropriate use of the apostrophe and people who pronounce the letter 'H' (aitch) as "Haitch". The latter always makes me think of Parker from Thunderbirds with his "I hanticipated that m'lady".

Comment

Funny, but of late I've been hooked on the show "Booze Britain" and it just blew my mind because though there are "party zone" areas where I am, I've never seen anything quite like Friday night in Weston-super-Mare (the last episode of "Booze Britain" that I saw).

Comment

More than likely every town and city in the uk with clubs and bars have the same problem drunk legless and no shame

Comment

one would be all this talk over the new royal baby. its a baby like any other, personally I find all this boring.i heard some place had made plates to welcome the new royal baby being a girl.
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I hate this damned hot weather. Can't sleep at night and am incessantly uncomfortable. Can't understand why so many rave about it. Hope it cools down soon.
                            Wirral Writer
                            www.alantoner.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wirral Writer View Post
                              I hate this damned hot weather. Can't sleep at night and am incessantly uncomfortable. Can't understand why so many rave about it. Hope it cools down soon.
                              Havent slept properly for weeks hate it when I toss and turn.Im so shattered in the day I normally have a cat nap before going to work

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                                one would be all this talk over the new royal baby. its a baby like any other, personally I find all this boring.i heard some place had made plates to welcome the new royal baby being a girl.
                                I personally thought the name would be Henry but George is fine with me.Maybe next time a girl and name her Victoria,rather than another boy one of each would be great

Comment

Working...
                                X