This is an often forgotten gem :
    Bobby Goldsboro `Hello Summertime`
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsKPIgyo1kI

Also this one always reminds me of the warmer days :
    Beach Boys `Lady Lynda`
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQb9T_wDRGM

Comment

Re: Summer songs

Loads of good ones already mentioned, The Lotus Eaters, Isley Brothers, Bobby Goldsboro, so I'll go for 'Guitar Man' by Bread.

Comment

this one.

http://youtu.be/yCvGxvuwp8M
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Club Tropicana-Wham
          Walking on sunshine-Katrina and the waves

Comment

Re: Summer songs 70's-90's

Predictable but Summertime by Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince does it for me. Last week during the heat wave it came on the radio as I was 'cruising' home in the car and it really summed up that moment.
            1976 Vintage

Comment

Been hearing this song quite a bit on the radio lately Easy Lover-Phil Collins & Philip Bailey great song when you turn the vol up

Comment

For all you 70s kids that remember the hot summer of 76...here's one for you that you may of forgotten...has summer written all over it.

Lee Garrett (born September 1, 1948, Mississippi) is an American rhythm and blues singer-songwriter, most famous for co-writing the song "Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours".

For many years, Garrett was a writing partner of Stevie Wonder, but the two had a falling out as a result of disagreements over writing credits of various songs. Before this occurred they jointly wrote tracks for Jermaine Jackson ("Let's Get Serious) and The Spinners ("It's a Shame").In 1976, his solo track "You're My Everything" reached number 15 in the UK Singles Chart. Without any further chart presence, he became a one-hit wonder there.
                Over the years, Garrett and Wonder have mended their relationship. During his 2007 tour, during a performance on August 30, Wonder paid tribute to Garrett by singing a medley of songs they co-created, and also introduced Garrett to the audience by acknowledging his presence at the show, and thanking him for years of friendship and support.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Garrett
                Attached Files

Comment

I don't care and I loved it......and it was hot outside.....and I could wear my cat sleeve t shirt.....just like them.
                  The Alessi Brothers are an American pop rock singer-songwriter duo, best known for their 1984 hit "Savin' the Day" and also their 1977 hit "Oh Lori". The duo are identical twin brothers, Bill (Billy) Alessi and Bob (Bobby) Alessi (born 12 July 1953, Long Island, New York).

"Oh Lori" became a Top Ten hit in seventeen more countries.The Alessi Brothers recorded five albums on major record labels. They sold over eight million records worldwide, and toured with Andy Gibb on his Shadow Dancing tour.
                  In 1977, they climbed to No. 8 in the UK Singles Chart with "Oh Lori",and in 1982 they reached No. 71 in the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 with "Put Away Your Love". This made them one-hit wonders on both sides of the Atlantic, albeit with different hits.
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alessi_Brothers
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	260449

Comment

Cheesy song I know, but Middle of the Road's "Soley Soley" always reminds me of hot summers and first love!

Comment

Although I also love 'Love is in the air' , another is 'Dancing in the Moonlight' but my FAVOURITE EVER is...

Dont leave me this way - by the Communards! Absolutely love it, from mid 80's, and HAVE to dance and sing when its on!

Comment

I like those songs too!
                        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Dance away-Roxy Music 1979

Comment

Gladys Knight had a great hit with this one and a good year written and produced by Van McCoy, (of The Hustle fame.). In 1977..... You can see why we felt were spoilt in the 70s.

Gladys Knight had a great year with her hits this one was written and produced by Van McCoy, (The Hustle Fame.) 1977.....I think we were spoilt in the 70s
                            Recording for Buddah in the mid 1970s, the group hit its popular and critical peak with #1 R&B hits such as "I've Got to Use My Imagination", and "Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me". The most notable hit of their career was the #1 pop hit, "Midnight Train to Georgia", which won the Grammy for Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals of 1973. The song eventually received the Grammy Hall Of Fame Award, which was established by the Recording Academy's National Trustees to honor recordings of lasting qualitative or historical significance.
                            Gladys Knight & the Pips' debut LP on Buddah, Imagination, was certified as a gold record. This began a string of LPs that were awarded gold status: Claudine (1974), I Feel a Song (1974) and 2nd Anniversary (1975). Other hits for Buddah included "Part-Time Love", the R&B #1 "I Feel a Song (In My Heart)", "Love Finds Its Own Way" and, culled from a live recording, "The Way We Were/Try to Remember".
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladys_Knight_%26_the_Pips

Attached Files

Comment

fantastic song romany i knew it was this one as soon as i saw gladys knight.
                              indeed we where spoilt.also

cruel summer by bananarama as well.
                              Last edited by darren; 14-08-2013, 17:42.
                              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                                fantastic song romany i knew it was this one as soon as i saw gladys knight.
                                indeed we where spoilt.also

cruel summer by bananarama as well.
                                Loved Cruel Summer....I think it was released twice off the top of my head..Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	260455

Comment

Working...
                                X