Wrong lyrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wrong lyrics

Hail, comrade! I thought it was Bookie Street.
    The present is a foreign country. They do things differently here.

Comment

Originally posted by Marillion View Post
      Hail, comrade! I thought it was Bookie Street.
      Me too, I always heard it as Bookie Street as well
      Heather

Comment

I used to think it was Cookie Street, something that my brother found funny.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Just remembered one when the song came on the radio the other day.

In late 1985, I remembered reading about an upcoming single with all the stars of American music, protesting against Apartheid in South Africa. With all the names involved, it sounded like it was gonna be good, so I thought I'd listen out for it.
          About a week later, I put the radio on and heard Stevie Wonder singing a song I didn't recognize, but I assumed it was part of the new anti-South Africa song, as he was singing 'Apartheid lover!', and then somthing about 'undercover fascists', and I'm like 'ooh, this is a bit strong!' As the song went on, I thought, 'Hold on, there's only Stevie Wonder singing on this!'. It turned out to be his new single, 'Part Time Lover', which has a line about 'undercover passion'.

The anti-Apartheid song was 'Sun City', which came out a few weeks later.

Comment

I always knew it was Hookie Street but I'm still non-the-wiser. What does it mean? Am I being thick? Something to do with ducking and diving?
            1976 Vintage

Comment

Dexy's Midnight Runners seem to be singing "Breaking down the walls of Hoylake" in 'Breaking down the walls of heartache'.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Hooky means knocked off goods, stuff off the back of a lorry
                The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

There's an advert on at the moment that has Kermit the frog singing 'happy feet'. I had the muppets album with this song on it and I used to think he was singing 'give them a load of meat' instead of 'give them a low down beat'.
                  1976 Vintage

Comment

At school somebody used to think that "Careless Memories" by Duran Duran was "Killer Submarines".

New Order, Blue Monday, sounds like he is singing "lived through your vacations" or "lived through your vocations", I think it is actually "lived through provocations".

Lord of the Dance, it should be "Lord of the Dance said He" but I thought it was "Lord of the Dance settee".

Hot Chocolate, You Sexy Thing, he sings "I believe in miracles" but he says it so fast I always thought it was "I believe in milk, oh!". My brother laughed so much about that one.

In Beat It, Michael Jackson always sounds like he is singing "show 'em how ******** strong is your fighter", I'm not sure what it is supposed to be, not that presumably.

Comment

Originally posted by n3llyo View Post
                      bohemian rhapsody to me sounded like he was asking someone "spare him his life for his one sausage tea" and then he went on to sing about a "miss miller " who wouldnt let him go

i convinced my self that in ` message in a bottle` sting was telling us "a year has passed since i broke my nose"

and madonna in la isla bonita sang either "last night i dreamt of potatoes" or "last night i dreamt of lumbago"
                      Best misheard lyric ever!

Comment

Some people think "fried chicken" is a misquote from One Vision, but Freddy Mercury intentionally inserted that line.
                        Has anyone noticed how Michael Jackson refers to "jambon" a lot in his songs? We would shout out "ham!" at school.
                        I can't remember the singer's name, but I always used to hear "Corned Beef! Corned Beef! Baby, baby, corned beef now".

Comment

Originally posted by Fifi62 View Post
                          In Bohemian Rhapsody where they sing "Spare him his life from these monstrosities", I used to think they were saying "Spare him his life from these warm sausages"!
                          I had that as Spare him his life from his Mumu's cups of tea

Comment

I am suprised that nobody has mentioned The Beatles "Paperback Writer" where on at least one occasion "She's a big teaser" is sung as Shes a ***** Teaser

My wife used to sing "Amullsha Cup" as in" Im in love I'm all shook up"

Comment

Always thought Kajagoogoo's Too Shy had the lyrics:
                              'Too shy shy hush hush I know why' when it's 'eye to eye'.

Also a few people thought the Bee Gees were singing 'Bald headed Woman' instead of 'More than a Woman' when it was first released

Comment

On this subject, Does Captain Sensible sing "Golly baby I'm a lucky c***" on the slow part near the end of 'Happy Talk'? Because it sounds like that, but it surely wouldn't have got as much airplay on the radio if that was the lyric. One or two lyrics websites list the line as 'lucky cus', but that doesn't seem to make sense.
                                "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Working...
                                X