Re: Defunct sweets?
Spangles
Ad_Forums-Top
Collapse
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Defunct sweets?
Collapse
X
-
Re: Defunct sweets?
Nice oneOriginally posted by Heather74 View PostOh that's a shame, but at least we have some evidence of it on board all be it a bit small.
And it's interesting to see it was actually Gorgo, not Gorgon like I thought it was for all these years, I remember buying them from the local Greengrocer/ newsagent/ post office/ off-licence (basically one of those small corner shops that was everything rolled into one!
The kind of shops with potatoes just in sacks on the floor and those really old style freezers that were beige and had two lids on the top (you basically had to climb the thing and then dangle down inside it to get at what you wanted!)
Happy days!
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Defunct sweets?
Oh that's a shame, but at least we have some evidence of it on board all be it a bit small.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Defunct sweets?
My Mum didn't like me eating them, due to the possible high level of E numbers, & what appeared to be grit in it.Originally posted by Jedi Knight View PostI seem to remember one called Gorgon, which was like a WHAM bar but green with grey bits in it?
There was an tropical bar in the same range, mango flavor IIRC. One of my friends managed to get some stuck in a carpet at his house!
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Defunct sweets?
There are a few threads that mention Gorgo bars, here's one
https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...ght=green+bits
There was a picture here hopefully the OP still has it https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...ght=gorgo+bars
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Defunct sweets?
I seem to remember one called Gorgon, which was like a WHAM bar but green with grey bits in it?
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Defunct sweets?
Wow! Thanks ayrshireman. I would love them to bring it back.
Leave a comment:
-
-
Re: Defunct sweets?
Lovely thread. Does anyone remember Cadbury's Marble? Sorry if this has been mentioned already - I am new to this!
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Defunct sweets?
Does anyone remember Logger bars? The advert had a bloke walking round in the woods with music made from sounds around and I think character animals making noises too. I'm glad to see others remember Secret (totally forgot the name of that til I saw this thread), Bitz, the fact that there were three colours of star bar wrapper before and Pyramints. I also remember a few other things.. Tom and Jerry chews that had like pink and brown colours in them. Some kind of solid toffee bar in a foil container that I think was called Bullion. A chocolate bar that had some kind of apricot flavour, i think the wrapper may have been white maybe. Milka bars, (not the flat slabs) especially the praline one that I used to love with the purple wrappers (Before Kraft takeover, about 20 years ago). I only mention these because I haven't seen them on this really long thread. (I might have missed them if they were, sorry). I have more but maybe I'll mention them later
Great Forum, only found it from a google search and glad to see others remember when there was some variety on the confectionery market. EDIT: This thread looks run together after I posted it because lines get removed, sorry about that.
Last edited by Giddeon; 07-08-2013, 01:37.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Defunct sweets?
you are right. the centre was green. used to buy them loose from woolworths.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Defunct sweets?
Opal Fruits! Does anybody call them Starburst?
Leave a comment:


Leave a comment: