Re: Defunct sweets?
I remember my Aunt having some sort of hard sweets, I think they may have been mints of some sort, not entirely sure, and the were mainly white with thinner green stripes. I think they may have been cube shaped. Anyone remember these?
Ad_Forums-Top
Collapse
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Defunct sweets?
Collapse
X
-
Re: Defunct sweets?
I use to love these Coolmints, I remember sucking them until they were almost transparent, a small hole would appear in the center, which yo could suck really cool air though if you balanced it between your teeth
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Defunct sweets?
i must say i think it tastes as good as it ever did.
but like you say i think the caramel is a bit thicker.
Originally posted by the-peoples-poet View PostWhey-hey!
I still love Cadbury Caramel, but I think the caramel inside has got slightly thicker in texture to when I was little.
Also, the comment you made about our tastebude being desensitised, that is a very valid point. But according to the font of all wisdom, QI, apparently our tastebuds die off and we get new ones every so often, so would the new ones make us taste things differently?
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Defunct sweets?
True true but I still thing the taste buds are only part of the story as our brains process more and more info over the years. I am not saying it wears out or anything like that but like our perception of time as a kid 1 year is a life time but as we get older it seems to speed up. So goes with everything we experience the more we do the more we have to refernece it against and all that. Maybe not the tastebuds but the way we process the subtlties that is taste.Originally posted by the-peoples-poet View PostWhey-hey!
I still love Cadbury Caramel, but I think the caramel inside has got slightly thicker in texture to when I was little.
Also, the comment you made about our tastebude being desensitised, that is a very valid point. But according to the font of all wisdom, QI, apparently our tastebuds die off and we get new ones every so often, so would the new ones make us taste things differently?
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Defunct sweets?
Whey-hey!
I still love Cadbury Caramel, but I think the caramel inside has got slightly thicker in texture to when I was little.
Also, the comment you made about our tastebude being desensitised, that is a very valid point. But according to the font of all wisdom, QI, apparently our tastebuds die off and we get new ones every so often, so would the new ones make us taste things differently?
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Defunct sweets?
Hi everyone my usual Friday after a few bevvies visit. Although I some what agree things seem to be getting rather bland. There's also another reason we are all getting olderOriginally posted by the-peoples-poet View PostYorkie chocolate doesn't taste like it used to, I bought a bar last year and I thought it was very tasteless. Last time before that when I had one was when I was a teenager.
(well apart from me I am still 18 with a full head of hair and a washboard stomach "I Wish"). Our tatse buds have become desenstized to a lot over the years preeceeding the many of these sweets.
Don't get me wrong I am sure if we can find not just the front of these sweets but the actual back with the percentage of things like cocoa solids to whey powder I am sure the cocoa solids have gone down and the whey poweder up as it's cheaper. I will have to find some way (whey get the pun)? to see if there's some where where this info is held. I am sure there is.
s for the cream egg debarcle "Yes they have gone down in size" from small chicken to quail eggs
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Defunct sweets?
Vice Versas have been mentioned many times on here. Do a search for them.Originally posted by the-peoples-poet View Post
Does anyone remember something called Vice Versas?
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Defunct sweets?
Yorkie chocolate doesn't taste like it used to, I bought a bar last year and I thought it was very tasteless. Last time before that when I had one was when I was a teenager.
Those Strollers were nice, except for the raisin bits.
Does anyone remember something called Vice Versas? They were like Minstrels in size - don't know if they were a Mars product or not - but there were brown shelled ones with white choc inside and white shelled ones with brown choc inside. I never liked them. I never liked Minstrels either, or Smarties, or Mini Eggs. It's the crunchy shell, when you bite into it and it goes all crumbly in your mouth, it feels creepy to me. :cry:
And is it just me who thinks this or is the chocolate on a Creme Egg getting thicker? And they are a lot bloody smaller than I remember! I think the oly egg-shaped product that hasn't changed size is a Kinder Egg, they are now very pricey though. Glad you can buy the little bars of the chocolate on their own.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Defunct sweets?
Heads up!
Honeycomb Yorkie is back as a Limited Edition
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Defunct sweets?
I remember both Vice Versas & Strollers, both had quite good ads.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Defunct sweets?
The Atomic ones were/are small and you get a box of about 10 of them. Nothing like the 3 in a pack Leaf ones. Same sort of cinnamon taste but much smaller and not as hot.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Defunct sweets?
The more my memory is jogged by this thread, the more I think they were the three in a pack ones. Shame I never looked at them twice then as I would love them now! They were similar to the atomic ones.
Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: