• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coronavirus... thoughts ..

From 6pm Friday 23rd Oct Wales into Lockdown until Monday 9th November

Comment

With the new lockdown imminent, I must admit that I'm feeling rather more pessimistic about things than I was in the summer.
      Just wish we could fast-forward through Christmas and winter and see if things look a tad more hopeful in spring 2021.
      The great medieval plague took some 4 years to burn itself out!

Comment

Originally posted by Cartimand View Post
        With the new lockdown imminent, I must admit that I'm feeling rather more pessimistic about things than I was in the summer.
        Just wish we could fast-forward through Christmas and winter and see if things look a tad more hopeful in spring 2021.
        The great medieval plague took some 4 years to burn itself out!
        Could be a long time who knows wearing masks social distancing will be with us nobody knows how long I hope it has gone by 2021 but don't bank on it our lives will never be the same

Comment

It's supposed to work that if everyone wears masks, distances, disinfects surfaces, minimizes contact etc. we could open up and stay open. I absolutely can't understand the anti people. To me masks would represent freedom, while to them it's some terrible imposition? And so these lock downs which are emergency extreme measure just to keep hospitals and health care people from being totally overwhelmed when too many wouldn't follow instructions of the most informed and educated.
          My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

I thought that wearing masks is freedom protecting myself ,the anti people are the problem the longer they defy then the longer we have lock downs they are the ones disrupting things.

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
              Good points about unemployment - when it comes to December, there are usually more jobs available, either in shops or places such as the Royal Mail sorting office, sorting cards and parcels. I have a feeling that even Father Christmas could be redundant this year because of social-distancing.

Watched the Press Briefing this afternoon again.
              It’s crazy to think that last New Year’s Eve we were all cheering and celebrating the new year 2020 ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                Could be a long time who knows wearing masks social distancing will be with us nobody knows how long I hope it has gone by 2021 but don't bank on it our lives will never be the same
                I hope so as well - I will assume that by next August things will improve.
                I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

It arrived with a bang let's hope it disappear and gone by 2021

Comment

It looks as though it’s here to stay sadly .... just like the other Coronaviruss the common cold and influenza .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

[QUOTE=Zincubus;258356]It looks as though it’s here to stay sadly .... just like the other Coronaviruss the common cold and influenza .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/QUOT
                      My cousin his son & Partner have tested positive both age 43 and working in schools,its scary when someone in the family has the virus

Comment

I feel its smth we will all have to live with like many other diseases that have been around for decades.
                        Altho i feel some sort of medicine will be found to lessen its effects.
                        Its fair to say the worlds drs pharmacies are working hard on it.

Originally posted by zincubus View Post
                        it looks as though it’s here to stay sadly .... Just like the other coronaviruss the common cold and influenza .

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk pro
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

In America there are a significant number of people who will not allow themselves to be vaccinated, period. Also the will not wear masks, will not distance, don't tell me how to do anything people. A real spanner in the works no matter how well things go otherwise.
                          My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Originally posted by beccabear67 View Post
                            In America there are a significant number of people who will not allow themselves to be vaccinated, period. Also the will not wear masks, will not distance, don't tell me how to do anything people. A real spanner in the works no matter how well things go otherwise.
                            Like the UK many do t like wearing face coverings or distancing what is so difficult about that,I noticed they were queuing at 7am in primark stores before lockdown in England

Comment

I don't want my birthday plans to be ruined two years in a row.
                              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                              I'm having so much fun
                              My lucky number's one
                              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I wear a facemask 12 hours a day now even at work. Cannot wear a fancy one as not work issue and they don't have a health certificate so employer is not covered.

Even though it's now mandatory at my work place work, employer is very reluctant to issue them.

You are supposed to change them every 4 hours but I have only seen two face masks issued to me in over 3 weeks.

Guess who's having to pay for them out of own pocket.

Besides since going permanently into facemasks I have found breathing harder even when the things are removed and the irregular heart beat has got a lot worse.

plastic Face shields are useless unless someone spits directly at you so not worth wearing them.

So yeah. No Mask no work, and killing myself in the process.

I also like the way the Government says doctors are still open for business. Trying to get an appointment is impossible and they don't stay on the phone when they ring anymore then 30 seconds so you don't get a chance to answer the phone after a two week wait for it. Then you have to try to talk to them on the phone in a busy and noisy place so you can't talk about certain things privately. To make matters worse you can't ring back either.

so Yeah, it's not going to get any easier for some of us just in a day to day capacity.

Comment

Working...
                                X