Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Biscuits you don't see now.

Originally posted by goodbyetomaria View Post
    I read recently that the demise of the' Lincoln' biscuit was due to the flooding of a United Biscuits factory in 2005 or thereabouts. As production ground to a halt, the big supermarkets thought popularity of the Lincoln had waned, so did not order any more. They can still be bought in Irish supermarkets, however. There is a Facebook campaign to bring the biscuit back.
    I loved Lincoln biscuits dunked in tea, they had little "pimples" on the top.

Playbox biscuits, they had coloured pictures on them made of hard icing just like Fox's Party Rings are now. Cafe Iced were similar with 3 stripes of that same icing in pink, yellow and brown. There was also another one with plain brown icing on but can't remember the name.

Comment

U MEAN THESE ONES I REMEMBER THEM NOW SEEING MY LINK.

COULD NOT REMEMBER THERE NAME THOU.

https://www.google.ch/url?sa=i&rct=j...11341726783428
      BLOOMIN LOVELY.

Originally posted by Austin 1100 View Post

Playbox biscuits, they had coloured pictures on them made of hard icing just like Fox's Party Rings are now. Cafe Iced were similar with 3 stripes of that same icing in pink, yellow and brown. There was also another one with plain brown icing on but can't remember the name.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 1100 View Post

I remember having those when I was young not seen them for about 30 years.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by scooby365 View Post
          Royal Scot...lovely biscuit and such pretty wrapping. A much missed biscuit.
          Attached Files
          sigpic
          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

bandits are another i never see either.

trio as well.
            another is cocnut biscuits a certain type but i cant think of there name.

Comment

I remember 'Sport' biscuits (Not the Fox's 'Sports'), but I can't remember who made them. They were in a yellow wrapper with SPORT in blue writing. Each wrapper in the pack used to have a different ball on: a rugby ball, a football, a cricket ball etc. The biscuit was basically digestive covered in chocolate, with a criss-cross pattern on the top.

I also remember Romany Creams (By Fox's I think). They were gorgeous and abundant in the early to mid-nineties, but seemed to disappear overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by InGen View Post
                I remember 'Sport' biscuits (Not the Fox's 'Sports'), but I can't remember who made them. They were in a yellow wrapper with SPORT in blue writing. Each wrapper in the pack used to have a different ball on: a rugby ball, a football, a cricket ball etc. The biscuit was basically digestive covered in chocolate, with a criss-cross pattern on the top.
                Different to these then?

(from this thread)

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
                  Different to these then?

(from this thread)
                  It may have been the same biscuit, but the wrappers were very different. Did they change the wrappers in the 90's at all?

Comment

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-sI8zfI8AEV...00/Parle-G.jpg

http://www.fdin.org.uk/wordpress/wp-...t-16.55.37.png

http://www.mediapoondi.com/wp-conten...old-look-1.jpg

Comment

My favourites were Romany biscuits by Huntley & Palmer (not to be confused with Romany Creams which are by a diffent company). They were around in the mid-late 80s then disappeared. Utterly gorgeous. The closest you can get to them now is either Choc Cream Oreos or Fox's Choc Fudge Creams, but neither are exactly like them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZSHdQdfOB4

Comment

Another i never see are gypsy creams they where so utterly gorgeous.

Comment

I NEVER SEE THESE NOW.

ONE OF THE LOVELIEST BICCIES EVER.

Last edited by darren; 27-04-2015, 15:53.

Comment

You can still get other Hills Biscuits at Farmfoods.
                            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I'm sure I saw those biscuits at Cost-Cutter some time recently.
                              Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

When was the last time you encountered any brand of biscuit that contained animal fat?

Comment

Working...
                                X