No announcement yet.

Biscuits you don't see now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my goodness, you have just reminded me of Playbox biscuits .. a real blast from the past!!! https://www.flickr.com/photos/daviddb/6772202363. Also, what happened to Abbey Crunch? They were my favourite!

And Royal Scot were great as well ...

Comment

Re: Biscuits you don't see now.

Originally posted by Karen1960 View Post
      Oh my goodness, you have just reminded me of Playbox biscuits .. a real blast from the past!!! https://www.flickr.com/photos/daviddb/6772202363. Also, what happened to Abbey Crunch? They were my favourite!
      HSame here, Abbey Crunch were one of the best non-chocolate coated biscuits, apart from maybe plain Hobnobs.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Oh most definitely, Richard. I'm tending to think we might be able to get close to Abbey Crunch with Ikea's oat biscuits .. they are good! I've lived outside the UK for a good many years now; and am disappointed when I've returned and tried the 'old favourites' ...I used to adore Rich Tea .. they are nothing like as good as they used to be; nor are Bourbons or chocolate digestives .. quite depressing. Same goes for Cadbury's chocolate since they got taken over ... Then I heard that Callard & Bowser butterscotch no longer exists either ... and as for Rowntrees ....I LOVED Rowntrees ... so many lovely memories ...

Comment

Lemon Puffs?

Attached Files
          Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Peak Freans biscuits. The factory in Bermondsey closed some time in the 1980s and the brand disappeared from shops in Britain but the factory in Canada is still making them.

Comment

Texan Bars I just love
              sigpic
              Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Hi there
                Firstly I hope this message finds you well .
                I was hoping you or one of your follower could help .
                I’m after the name of a biscuit from England in the 80’s that was a flat rectangle biscuit with black printed pictures on them .. different picture on each biscuit in the pack .
                I found a photo on google a few years back but lost it and now nota seem to find any info on google etc ..
                any help would be great thank you
                Sarah

Comment

Can only think of embossed ones like Fox’s Sport Biscuits

Comment

Biscuits you don't see now.

OMG .. Sports biscuits were so moorish !!

Ours didn't have chocolate on as previously mentioned by some one ..

Had a subtle taste like no other .... probably Heroine or something [emoji4]

Wish I could find some !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Last edited by Zincubus; 10-01-2018, 12:01.

Comment

I haven't thought of those sports biscuits in at least 2 decades but we used to have them regularly in the 1980s.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                        I haven't thought of those sports biscuits in at least 2 decades but we used to have them regularly in the 1980s.
                        As I said , they had a very distinctive taste ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

[QUOTE=Austin 1100;192509]I loved Lincoln biscuits dunked in Lincolns; the best second only to the Royal Scot
                          Attached Files

Comment

Spooks! Thank you!! I was trying to recall the name of those incredible vibrantly coloured biscuits I adored as a child in the 1970s which I can almost taste now when I think of them. 😋 No restrictions on food additives- those were the days!!

Comment

I was thinking that although it is technically chocolate, the biscuit bar Blue Riband has always been lowkey in recent years, with regards to advertising, being on supermarket shelves and all that - I have always assumed that Time Out was Cadbury's answer to that.
                              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                              I'm having so much fun
                              My lucky number's one
                              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Anyone know what a ribband is??
                                Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Working...
                                X