Biscuits you don't see now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Biscuits you don't see now.

i miss all the Custard Cream alternatives you used to get in the 80s, i remember Orange Creams, Strawberry Creams and my favourite, Coffee Creams

Comment

I remember a bit of the United ad jingle. "I am the boss, and somethings make me cross, but i'm delighted to eat United,we are all delighted to eat United"
      The reason i remember it was the manager of the football team i played for was always singing it.

Comment

I wonder if anyone on here will remember these biscuits as no-one that I have asked in real life does! Oval biscuits sandwiched together with cream and an oval window on top with honey flavoured golden brown coloured jam and sugar sprinkles...I remember my Mum buying them in Fine Fare but don't know if it was one of their own brand products. Any ideas?

Comment

Wagon Wheels which are as big as their name suggests. Tiny little things nowadays

Comment

cocunt biscuits they are round and are light brown i never see them in packets anywhere only an odd time in tins of biccies and they are so nice.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
              You can still get Gypsy creams
              where?...........i would stock up if i knew where to buy them

Comment

man they where amazing id have those over custard creams anyway.ive searched for them but never found them as yet.
                Originally posted by Moondog View Post
                i miss all the Custard Cream alternatives you used to get in the 80s, i remember Orange Creams, Strawberry Creams and my favourite, Coffee Creams
                Last edited by darren; 02-02-2014, 21:55.

Comment

these i believe are the orange and strawberry creams u mean moondog and man how good do they look.

http://www.647-florist.com/image/cac...am-600x600.jpg

http://www.hillbiscuits.com/images/1...m-biscuits.jpg

Comment

Glad to see that there are some people around who actually likes orange & strawberry creams.
                    I have always loved them, but they seem to be generally unpopular.
                    But coffee creams ?!?
                    Now that was an awesome biscuit, but unlike orange & strawberry, I haven't seen a proper coffee cream for many a year.

Comment

you still get coffee sweets but they are getting tough to find but coffee biccies i really never see them and id expect to see them as so many like other coffee products .

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
                      Glad to see that there are some people around who actually likes orange & strawberry creams.
                      I have always loved them, but they seem to be generally unpopular.
                      But coffee creams ?!?
                      Now that was an awesome biscuit, but unlike orange & strawberry, I haven't seen a proper coffee cream for many a year.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                        cocunt biscuits they are round and are light brown i never see them in packets anywhere only an odd time in tins of biccies and they are so nice.
                        Nice typo at the start there Darren....no wonder you liked them so much

Comment

Originally posted by cooldeepblue View Post
                          nice typo at the start there darren....no wonder you liked them so much
                          :d
                          The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by Moondog View Post
                            You can still get these, I'm eating coffee creams right now.

Comment

I read recently that the demise of the' Lincoln' biscuit was due to the flooding of a United Biscuits factory in 2005 or thereabouts. As production ground to a halt, the big supermarkets thought popularity of the Lincoln had waned, so did not order any more. They can still be bought in Irish supermarkets, however. There is a Facebook campaign to bring the biscuit back.
                              "Even nostalgia is not what it used to be"

Comment

IIRC the ones with a cow on were malted milk flavoured, I don't remember buying any packs but they used to often be in broken biscuit slections.

Does anyone remember the ginger ones with a grid moulded into them?

Me & my brother used to call them "plughole biscuits"!
                                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                                X