X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George 1978
    replied
    Re: Crisps

Just did a bit of shopping in my Sainsbury's Local earlier on and I was right - Walkers have got some sub-Pringles crisps in a tube on the shelves - "Stax" I think they are called.

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
    Smiths are still going strong here in Australia and make the usual flavoured traditional crisps (although they're called chips here). So maybe it's an Aussie pack? I think Smiths still do Salt n Shake and Chipsticks there? (I seem to remember buying some last visit)
    Thanks Mulletino, i really wouldn't know, i usually wait in the car whilst er indoors does the grocery shopping....can't be doing with it!

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Originally posted by tex View Post
    Odd, My wife just came home with some shopping which included a six pack of SMITHS crisps which were taken over by Walkers about 20 years ago....what gives?
    Monster Munch is a Walkers brand now, isn't it? (Assuming they still make them). They were a Smiths brand in the 1980s and 1990s at least.

I don't think that Walkers have ever done their own version of square crisps (remember Lenny Henry in the adverts?), but I believe that they have tried to do a Pringles-alike version of their crisps by packaging them in a tube. Asda do an own-name brand of them.

Leave a comment:

• Mulletino
    replied

Smiths are still going strong here in Australia and make the usual flavoured traditional crisps (although they're called chips here). So maybe it's an Aussie pack? I think Smiths still do Salt n Shake and Chipsticks there? (I seem to remember buying some last visit)

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

Odd, My wife just came home with some shopping which included a six pack of SMITHS crisps which were taken over by Walkers about 20 years ago....what gives?

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

I like the blue background, Heather!

Leave a comment:

• Heather74
    replied

Exy Ozy's

Leave a comment:

• Heather74
    replied
    Space raiders
    Space cadets and Thin Jims

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
    Did you forget to take them out of the kettle?
    Oh...erm

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Thought i would try some kettle chips yesterday....Orrible!, too thick and greasy
    You don't need a kettle to make them of course. Are they like McCoy's or Philias Fogg's? (Putting Consett, County Durham on the map).

Stick to Pringles - you can't go wrong, especially with the Prawn Cocktail flavour.

Leave a comment:

• zabadak
    replied

Thought i would try some kettle chips yesterday....Orrible!, too thick and greasy
    Did you forget to take them out of the kettle?

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Originally posted by Clare View Post

Ruffles, as advertised by Kyle McLachlan from "Twin Peaks". (Before 9pm, "These are darn fine crisps"; after 9pm "These are damn fine crisps".)
    They were in ad breaks in around 1993 - did the ITC insist on the "damn" version being shown after 9.00 pm? It's the most mildest of words not to allow before the watershed. A lot of people didn't even notice the change until a national newspaper mentioned it.

Mind you, has there ever been any other advert which has had a pre-watershed and a post-watershed version of the same length and style?

Leave a comment:

• Heather74
    replied

Quintons.Quinton's Google bobbles and Maggot (??) Munch

Leave a comment:

• Heather74
    replied

Brity Rodeo 1987
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240619_150830_Chrome.jpg