X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danniella
    replied
    Re: Crisps

We went through a phase at school of melting empty crisp packets, so at home one day i placed 2 empty crisp packets under the grill and melted them, our kitchen stunk of burning plastic but my mates were impressed with the results! (Do Not Try This At Home Kids, It Is Extremely Dangerous!)

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
    I'd hazard a guess at Burtons as they were the same style as Puffs, and none of the other crisps makers did that style
    Anyone else miss the fabulously tasty treats known as Potato Puffs ??

Try Pom-Bears !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• Danniella
    replied

Ringos

[ATTACH]1269[/ATTACH]
    Mmmmm these are still available, my local shop sells them for 39p😋

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

I'm still hoping they bring "Puffs" ( the savoury crisp !) back !!!

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Anyone remember Supa Krunchies? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTJfkkwAAeo

They were advertised a bit during Children's ITV ad breaks in 1986.

They weren't crisps as such, but they came in a packet - they looked a lot closer to Monster Munch, and I think that they were potato rings that were flavoured.

The advert had cartoon people or something, and the jingle said that they were just 10p, although they might have gone up to 12p before disappearing permanently. I am certain that most newsagents and corner shops sold them back in 1986.

Leave a comment:

• stud1al
    replied

I remember the plain ones with the little "bag" of salt inside.Used to get those from the pub.

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

It was always Walkers Crisps in my household. I mostly liked cheese and onion flavour because of the blue packet.

I do remember the Barbeque flavour one circa 1988, and the toasted cheese flavour in the yellow packet.

I often got nostalgic when I saw loads of empty Walkers Crisps packets blowing about in the wind along with other rubbish on a windy day outside our corner shop.

Not sure it has been mentioned already, but I remember Walkers Say Cheese that was out circa 1987, (advertised with that "Yakerty Yack" tune which turned up in a lot of adverts), as well as Bitsa Pizza from around the same time.

Leave a comment:

• jono42
    replied

Originally posted by Jemmabepel View Post
    Hello, ive looked through the Google Images for 80s crisp, 90s crisp, 2000s crisp, 10p under crisp and I just can't seem to find it.

The crisp I'm trying to find the name off was part of the under 10p crisp section in my local newsagents. It used to be next to discos, space raiders and others. It was a small square packet. The crisp were like wafer style small rectangle and break easily. Might have been salt and vinegar. The shape was similar to if you Google 'pop tarts minis'. Does anyone recall it?
    Price 5p
    golden wonder crackles?

Leave a comment:

• Heather74
    replied

They sound like Smiths scampi fries.

Leave a comment:

• Jemmabepel
    replied

Hello, ive looked through the Google Images for 80s crisp, 90s crisp, 2000s crisp, 10p under crisp and I just can't seem to find it.

The crisp I'm trying to find the name off was part of the under 10p crisp section in my local newsagents. It used to be next to discos, space raiders and others. It was a small square packet. The crisp were like wafer style small rectangle and break easily. Might have been salt and vinegar. The shape was similar to if you Google 'pop tarts minis'. Does anyone recall it?
    Price 5p

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 80sChav
    replied

I recall similar flavours to these Darren - what a great find mate!

I recall my Local M7S in about 1986 was unique in that time in doing Fish and Chip Flavour Crisps ... very yummy indeed!!

80sChav

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

LOVE HOW THEY HAVE THEBEST BEFORE DATE ON THEM.

GROUSE FLAVOUR AND NEW TATTIES WITH MINT FLAVOUR STRANGE UNUSUAL BUT NICE SOUNDING FLAVOURS.

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X