X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sly
    replied
    Re: Crisps

I remember Nice and Spicy Monster Munch. For some reason they came in a much bigger bag than everything else at the time, maybe because of tax reasons or something.

Leave a comment:

• Heather74
    replied

Welcome to the forum Giddeon, this thread is in my top three all time favs here on doyouremember, I like you started by looking for the same Crisps as you, the ones fondly remembered from my childhood! So it's been an absolute pleasure to share my finds with everyone else

Leave a comment:

• Giddeon
    replied

Hi I'm new. I came accross this forum from a google search. Just wanted to say thanks to many who have posted here for proving that some crisp i -swear- I remember actually existed. Such as Piglets, tomato flavoured wotsits (there was also beef but I havent seen that here) and Ghostbuster crisps. One that I havent seen here is Nice and Spicey flavoured Monster Munch in an orange bag. I can almost remember what they taste like and the closes thing available now is spicey space invaders, although they have a fraction of the strength of taste that the monster munch had. Thanks again, especially heather who seems to be a machine at this!

Leave a comment:

• sixtyten
    replied

Yum!

Leave a comment:

• Heather74
    replied

Quavers Chinese Spicy Beef.

Leave a comment:

• Fatboy
    replied

Originally posted by Moondog View Post
    another flavour i remember from the 80s were Tandoori, don't know who made them
    I'm sure Seabrooks made Indian Tandoori flavoured crisps at one time, but I don't know if it was the 80s or early 90s though?

Leave a comment:

• Moondog
    replied

one of my favourite flavours that you never see anymore is spring onion, i remember in the 80s Smiths did some spring onion crisps that were great.

another one i really miss, from more recently were Doritos 3D's

i used to eat them all the time

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

Originally posted by Moondog View Post
    yeah i feel the same

back when i was a kid in the 80s/90s i remember Spider-Man crisps and Superman crisps, that tasted great, as well as Turtles Pepperoni crisps, which were totally amazing.

another flavour i remember from the 80s were Tandoori, don't know who made them but they came in a white bag and had a picture of the Taj Mahal on them, they were ace too.
    I remember there were 2 types of Spiderman crisps, the first were in the shape of Spidey's head & had a very strong salt & Vinegar flavour.

The later ones were web shapes & came in various flavours, my favourite was BBQ Beef.

I remember Walkers made some very nice Poppadom based crisps in the late 1980s, very nice but didn't last long.

Leave a comment:

• Moondog
    replied

yeah i feel the same

back when i was a kid in the 80s/90s i remember Spider-Man crisps and Superman crisps, that tasted great, as well as Turtles Pepperoni crisps, which were totally amazing.

another flavour i remember from the 80s were Tandoori, don't know who made them but they came in a white bag and had a picture of the Taj Mahal on them, they were ace too.

Leave a comment:

• maccate
    replied

You can buy them direct from Seabrook, last time I bought some you had to buy them in boxes of 48 but you could mix the flavours in the one box

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

cheers mate.
    canadian ham sounds nice.

but id not expect it to be easy to find.

Originally posted by themilkman View Post
    Ok, had a look on their website and they do various flavours but unfortunately the flavour that most appeals to me (Canadian Ham) doesn't seem to be widely available where I live.

My local Sainsburys sells multipacks of Ready Salted, Cheese and Onion and a mixed multipack [ATTACH=CONFIG]3720[/ATTACH]

Here's the website http://www.seabrookcrisps.com/index.php

Leave a comment:

• ayrshireman
    replied

Click image for larger version

Name:	skips.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	260374Click image for larger version

Name:	smiths.jpg
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	260375

Leave a comment:

• themilkman
    replied

Ok, had a look on their website and they do various flavours but unfortunately the flavour that most appeals to me (Canadian Ham) doesn't seem to be widely available where I live.

My local Sainsburys sells multipacks of Ready Salted, Cheese and Onion and a mixed multipack Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00088-20130329-1728.jpg
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	260364

Here's the website http://www.seabrookcrisps.com/index.php

Leave a comment:

• themilkman
    replied

Originally posted by darren View Post
    i can say ive never heard of these before.

what flavours did you see of them.
    Can't remember what other flavours darren, there were only 2 or 3 choices I think........I'll have a look later today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00087-20130329-0839.jpg
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	260363

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

i can say ive never heard of these before.

what flavours did you see of them.

Originally posted by themilkman View Post
    Seabrooks crisps......been around since 1945 apparently but I only noticed them in Sainsburys last week because they were on offer (6 packs for a quid)...............they were absoluteley 'yumtastic!' .

Deffo on my shopping list from now on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X