replied
    Re: Crisps

New to me..

vintage Smiths OnYums

Leave a comment:

• Trickyvee
    replied

I know. I think I did realise it was a crown, but the bumpy bits stood out more to me than the crown for some reason. It was those that I always noticed.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

That's odd because they seemed to used the slogan Crown Crisps at one time.

Leave a comment:

• Trickyvee
    replied

Fond memories of Bensons crisp packets. For unknown reasons I never used to see the logo for what is very obviously a crown. Instead I focused on the bumpy shapes between the top bits of the crown and wondered why there would be such a weird design on a crisp packet. I think perhaps I was looking at different packets with a much larger crown that wasn't so obvious, or perhaps I was just stupid!
    Last edited by Trickyvee; 27-09-2013, 23:34.

Leave a comment:

• sixtyten
    replied

Wow! Never seen those poor man's Bones before

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

They take me back, I remember Chunchies often had a full page ad in The Beano, with character Kevin Pringle.

Leave a comment:

• Heather74
    replied

#
    Tickers

Terror Bones

Leave a comment:

• hawklord
    replied

So, not only do we have a bite, we have photos! Give thanks to H, brilliant.....
    My missus found a old pack about 30 years ago stuffed down the back of a old sofa.....

Leave a comment:

• sixtyten
    replied

Nice one H

Leave a comment:

• Heather74
    replied

Could it bee thezzzzz? Freddie Bee

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• hawklord
    replied

Hi all, i'm new around here, although i have visited often to read and reminisce. Like many, i have a burning question. Does anybody remember a brand of crisps from the late 70's, possibly yellow and black packet with a picture of a bee on it. Oh please oh please somebody must! Great site folks, super contributions and very concise!

Leave a comment:

• ayrshireman
    replied

KP Wickers?, god I had forgotten those.

Leave a comment:

• Romany Jones.
    replied

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
    Look like KP Wickers or KP Crunchy Waffles
    I think they are Kp Wickers....I've looked at them before....but nothing really registered with me, but I think your right Heather, Thank You.....I can now rest on the crisp front.....On another note I remember those spicy beef quavers....good find.

Leave a comment:

• Heather74
    replied

Click image for larger version

Name:	kp-wickers.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	260444Click image for larger version

Name:	crispscw.jpg
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	260445

Look like KP Wickers or KP Crunchy Waffles

Leave a comment:

• Romany Jones.
    replied

I just wanted to ask........does anyone remember in the early 70s the lattice crisps and what they were called? I remember eating them, (stuffing me face.) for supper, when Man About the House was on....or Love Thy Neighbour....they looked similar if not a little flatter to those pictured..Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	260441
    I've read the whole thread and I don't see any mention of them....I do see a mention of a lattice crisp but that's all......does anyone remember them and what they were called.?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X