No announcement yet.

Coronavirus... thoughts ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well good news as of today nxt friday all beauty and hairdressers open up with all retail the following friday.

I dont really mind wearing masks myself.

Originally posted by amethyst View Post

it would be nice to get back to normality but i don't think its gonna happen yet.not everybody will have the vaccine and that is the problem,the virus will be still around with new variants,because i have got used to wearing a mask it would feel strange without wearing one.

What about you darren how do you feel about things?
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

• Originally posted by darren View Post
      well good news as of today nxt friday all beauty and hairdressers open up with all retail the following friday.

I dont really mind wearing masks myself.

Fingers crossed we don't have another lockdown

Comment

• Nice to hear that there have been no deaths reported in England - perhaps the light at the end of the tunnel is closer than we realised? Ironic that all the deaths were in Wales - it's a bit like only East Anglia having those deaths while everywhere else don't have any to report.

Just thought I would also mention that I managed to get a next day Tesco online delivery after I booked it, for the first time since before the pandemic started in Britain - booked Sunday, delivered Monday - and all of the items ordered arrived as well. I think that this is an indication that we are getting out of this at last.

I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

• My parents are enjoying the fact they can go out again, they only go to do the food shop or the local shops but it's "out" for them and as they have COPD they can't go far anyway. Hopefully it's all moving towards normality soon. They've been lucky to have such lovely neighbours who have been doing their food shops for them during shielding, shows how people rally together when needed (with the odd scumbag exceptions), they're hesitant to try online grocery shopping so i've been getting things delivered to them sometimes as treats, which they find amazing, that someone on the other side of the world can order food for them and get it delivered to their house.

We've been lucky here in Australia, things are almost back to normal where I live in Queensland, we are still supposed to keep distances etc and sanitise when possible, restaurants have seated dining (not at capacity though) and sports games seem back to normal (not that i do sports). We even went to an art thing at the weekend in a local botanical gardens, although the sheer amount of people there made me feel uneasy, I guess it will take a while before the feeling of wanting to not be near large groups goes away completely, if at all. I've never been a big groups person.

Comment

• Everyone over here in far western Canada has had their first Pfizer shot, I was last to get mine this past Tuesday. In fact it was at the back of the Empress Hotel in Victoria if anyone knows that, in a convention center addition. As I went in, the late day sun shone and the nearby carillon bells were ringing.

I found a four leaf clover the other day too so I think we'll make it after all!
            My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

• Originally posted by beccabear67 View Post
              Everyone over here in far western Canada has had their first Pfizer shot, I was last to get mine this past Tuesday. In fact it was at the back of the Empress Hotel in Victoria if anyone knows that, in a convention center addition. As I went in, the late day sun shone and the nearby carillon bells were ringing.

I found a four leaf clover the other day too so I think we'll make it after all!
              Well done.I am having my second vaccine on thurs

Comment

• This Indian variant is spreading around the UK.What I don't get why the hell are we still allowing flights here from India crazy,3rd wave on the way freedom day June 21st the longest day we shall see

Comment

• It never rains, does it? (said ironically when it has been pouring with rain outside as I write this). I believe that the Indian variant has affected Leicester but not Nottingham.
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

• It's the same over here; land and sea borders closed or watched yet airline flights from all over still allowed for the jet set! Oops, here's a Brazilian variant, then a South African one... I mean, how are some people getting all around the flipping planet at times like these where most people can't get from one part of their own nation to one right next to it at times?
                    My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

• Originally posted by beccabear67 View Post
                      It's the same over here; land and sea borders closed or watched yet airline flights from all over still allowed for the jet set! Oops, here's a Brazilian variant, then a South African one... I mean, how are some people getting all around the flipping planet at times like these where most people can't get from one part of their own nation to one right next to it at times?
                      Who would want to go on holiday are they that desperate to get away.Stay put and put on hold until 2022

Comment

• We all know that the Kent variant has spread rapidly across the continent, but France now has problems with variants of its own. Specifically, they are the Bordeaux and Breton variants (the former somehow sounds nicer, as I prefer wine to cider!). The Breton variant has a high mortality rate and does not show up very well in any of the existing tests.
                        So, before thinking of travelling even just as far as France, be aware that you could bring more than just some cheap wine back with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cartimand View Post
                          We all know that the Kent variant has spread rapidly across the continent, but France now has problems with variants of its own. Specifically, they are the Bordeaux and Breton variants (the former somehow sounds nicer, as I prefer wine to cider!). The Breton variant has a high mortality rate and does not show up very well in any of the existing tests.
                          So, before thinking of travelling even just as far as France, be aware that you could bring more than just some cheap wine back with you.
                          It's not worth all the hassle I mean the chaos they had at Heathrow you could catch the virus there before you go and take it to another country,bet the flights are still coming in from India.Heard also there is a Thai variant also,this virus was made to mutate for years to come and only 1 country to blame China.Even the beaches were packed yesterday same places Bournemouth,Brighton,Southend,Durdle Door.Wait until the Autumn we will have more strains for next Winter.

Comment

• I'll certainly be avoiding the coast like the plague today! With fine weather forcast on the south coast it's going to be chaos. Having lived in Brighton for ten years I speak with some experience. The beach used to be absolutley packed on a bank holiday and that was in normal pre covid circumstances. Good luck to any sun worshippers that do the sardines thing on a Thameslink train for the return journey later in the day. I can almost smell the sweat, perspiration and the odour of stale Stella on the breath. Social distancing very unlikely!

Comment

• I stayed in the garden enjoyed the sunshine had pizza a gin it was lovely the blackbirds were singing,and no hassle of traffic jams and sardines on the beach

Comment

• Only one death reported on Bank Holiday Monday and that was in Scotland, although it was part of a weekend total - at least I was wrong about the weather, and that there was no rain to be seen yesterday.
                                I'm having so much fun
                                My lucky number's one
                                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                                X