Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wimpy

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mazzer
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    Originally posted by Hooper68 View Post
    As a kid I always wanted one of those,but alas I never did,please tell me they tasted as good as they looked!!
    Ugh - I hope they DIDN'T taste as they looked - I always thought they resembled , well I'm embarrassed to say, but if I say the tip looked like a "pinch point" you may get the drift. And the name - "Brown Derby" didn't help!

    Leave a comment:


  • stuckinthe80's
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    There is a new Wimpy just opened in the food hall of Frenchgate in Doncaster. Had a snack in there a few weeks ago. It really brought back some memories!! No big benders though!!!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • memoman
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    Time have certainly changed.Our local Wimpy went 20years back.I only Know of 1 if it is still there, 7 miles away?

    Leave a comment:


  • steveffisher
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    Likewise, never had a bad Wimpy meal.

    Do remember coming out of a Wimpy once with a big badge that read, "Are You a Big and Bendy Bender Biter?" Society now dictates that you couldn't get away with wearing it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hooper68
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
    I've ordered the Brown Derby.. it intriqued me as a kid
    Doughnut, Ice cream and Choc sauce & Nuts
    As a kid I always wanted one of those,but alas I never did,please tell me they tasted as good as they looked!!

    Leave a comment:


  • kazboot
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    Originally posted by kazboot View Post
    Don't do it HG! I had a burger at a motorway services Wimpy a couple of months ago and it was revolting!
    I would just like to report that I gave their beanburger a try recently and found it very tasty. It was their beefburger I didn't enjoy last time.

    Leave a comment:


  • pantherpink
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    mmmmm, quarter pounder with cheese, chips and a coke float. That sauce in the burger was the best....And it was ALMOST healthy as they used a wholemeal burger bun on the quarter pounders!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • sixtyten
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    I've ordered the Brown Derby.. it intriqued me as a kid
    Doughnut, Ice cream and Choc sauce & Nuts

    Leave a comment:


  • old git
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    Originally posted by mazzer View Post
    Oh, forgot to ask - Wimpy dessert menus - did anyone ever actually ORDER a Brown Derby? Unfortunate name, unfortunate menu photograph!

    Remember the name! was it just a doughnut with a blob of cream?

    Leave a comment:


  • mazzer
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    Oh, forgot to ask - Wimpy dessert menus - did anyone ever actually ORDER a Brown Derby? Unfortunate name, unfortunate menu photograph!

    Leave a comment:


  • mazzer
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    I remember when the Dumfries Golden Egg was taken over by Wimpy Bar, my mum used to take me there for a treat. Like Cleverdick, I remember the orange/ red lights and black vinyl seats.

    We have a thriving Wimpy in Maidstone. As long as the oil's not too old, you get lovely freshly-cooked quarterpounders and chicken-in-a-bun, the chips are nice too. Shame about the soft-porn pictures chosen for the walls in the rear section, and the disgusting toilets! Wimpy were the pioneers of spicy beanburgers, and theirs is still the best - I was vegetarian between the ages of 16 and 28, and there wasn't a lot available for veggies then - nothing but bloody quiche - and I fell in love with them.

    (PS Haven't been to a Little Chef in years cos they're so revolting, but last month we visited friends who live near Kettering and had Sunday brunch at the West Kettering Little Chef, which has just been given the Heston Blue Mental treatment. What can I say - AWESOME!!!!!!!!!)

    Leave a comment:


  • ayrshireman
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    Don't do it HG! I had a burger at a motorway services Wimpy a couple of months ago and it was revolting!
    NEVER had a bad Wimpy in my 30+ years of eating them. And I have had the length and breadth of Britain. Must be a rare bad Wimpy outlet or cook.

    I like the new menus, which keeps Wimpy up to date whilst keeping the old classics.

    Leave a comment:


  • cleverdick
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    Actually, I remember when the Wimpy Bar (as it was then called in the early 70s) had black vinyl seating and orange-shaded lights hanging in the window! Now that must make me old!

    Leave a comment:


  • madbob
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    If you want to find a Wimpy near you...

    Wimpy

    Leave a comment:


  • Derekflint
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    Shanty the Golden Fish Fillet!

    Just reminds me of Pinchy the Lobster in the Simpsons.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X