Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wimpy

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Danny
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    I was always fond of the Shanty brunches in early 70's so vaguely remember the menu prices being in both old money and decimal

    Leave a comment:


  • stuckinthe80's
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    That menu is great Danny. I'm a bit too young to remember that far back, i'm 36 but its still a real treat to read.

    Leave a comment:


  • Richard1978
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    I remember seeing Spicy Bean Burgers on the menu at Wimpy, & wondered what they were, & my Mum had to explain they were & that I probably wouldn't like them.

    Leave a comment:


  • culnara
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    we've had a Wimpy in Fraserburgh for as long as I can remember
    and they're still busy, much prefer them to mac n burg king
    because all the food is cooked fresh and it's done in front of ya
    used to have loads of the beef eater badges too
    allthough most of the staff now look about 13 years old ??

    or maybe its cause I'm old LOL

    Leave a comment:


  • Terrier
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    Originally posted by Danny View Post
    Not sure if this gonna work - original old menu ( prices are in pounds/shillings/pence)http://www.kzwp.com/lyons/wimpy3.jpg
    Yeah it worked!! thats fantastic....and the bender the meaty farnkfurter...fnarr fnarr

    Thanks for posting.

    Terrier.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    Not sure if this gonna work - original old menu ( prices are in pounds/shillings/pence)http://www.kzwp.com/lyons/wimpy3.jpg

    Leave a comment:


  • stuckinthe80's
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    I really liked those spicy bean burgers! Im not a vegaterian but they were so tasty! Much nicer than Burger King or Mcdonalds. I always prefered Wimpy fries too. They actually tasted of something!

    Leave a comment:


  • rossobantam
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
    Thats where I was brought up! Not Bowburn but Co. Durham! Small world.
    although I'm born & bred Doncaster (dad's side were all miners), mum's side are originally from the North-East, and we still have family in Pelton Fell nr Chester-le-Street

    back on thread....Spicy Beanburger? hmm I think you've answered a query I've always had in my head..I had a SBB in what I THOUGHT was a Burger King in Birmingham New Street station 1989 IIRC...I wondered why they weren't the same nowadays; cos it must have been a WIMPY one I had..cheers!!

    Leave a comment:


  • stuckinthe80's
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
    That's my neck of the woods
    Thats where I was brought up! Not Bowburn but Co. Durham! Small world.

    Leave a comment:


  • HG
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
    Wey hey!! I'm in durham at the weekend. I'll have to call in and see what its like.
    That's my neck of the woods

    Leave a comment:


  • stuckinthe80's
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
    It is
    Wey hey!! I'm in durham at the weekend. I'll have to call in and see what its like.

    Leave a comment:


  • HG
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
    I'm sure those sausages were called 'benders' or even worse 'big benders!'. I used to love the spicy beanburgers. There was a Wimpy in MOTO services at Bowburn South Durham. It might still be open.
    It is

    Leave a comment:


  • Derekflint
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    My first Wimpy visit sticks in my mind - I'd never had a burger before, so I was looking forward to eating the, well, chunky sandwich. Didn't go for a beefburger in the end, though, since a gammon and egg number leapt out from the menu and just had to be mine.

    So there I was, licking my lips, getting ready to eat my burger in a burger eating stylee.

    Only for egg yolk to go all over me trousers.

    Leave a comment:


  • stuckinthe80's
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    Originally posted by Trace564 View Post
    Used to love going to Wimpy as a kid. I remember the ketchup in a tomato shaped bottle, and I used to love their (round shaped) sausage.
    I'm sure those sausages were called 'benders' or even worse 'big benders!'. I used to love the spicy beanburgers. There was a Wimpy in MOTO services at Bowburn South Durham. It might still be open.

    Leave a comment:


  • Terrier
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    Originally posted by rossobantam View Post
    their website says there is one on Doncaster, but for the life of me I can't think where it is....must be inside 'another' building of some sort
    I think its in the bowling place up near the dome area, although im not sure.

    Terrier.

    btw wasnt the round sausage called the big bender?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X