Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wimpy

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rossobantam
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    Still 180 of 'em about...old Blumenthal went in to sort out the menu didn't he?


    OLYMPIC BREAKFAST...to die for!

    Leave a comment:


  • HG
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    According to Wiki 177, although none on motorways now, all been taken over by Moto Little Chef - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Leave a comment:


  • Richard1978
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    How many Little Chefs are still open? I remember a lot closed down a few years ago.

    Leave a comment:


  • britishbaby
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    they better still have Wimpy in England or im sending letters to the Queen to complain, Ive been craving it for like 12yrs. its one of the first places going when I finally get there to visit again.
    that and the Little Chef restaurants, loooooooooooved little chef, always the best part of the trip.

    Leave a comment:


  • rossobantam
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    their website says there is one on Doncaster, but for the life of me I can't think where it is....must be inside 'another' building of some sort

    Leave a comment:


  • tulip
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    We must have the only Wimpy left in the world!!!!Haven't had one for ages,but I love then.

    tulip

    Leave a comment:


  • Mulletino
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    My mum used to take us shopping (mainly food shopping - we carried the bags home) in a local town. There was a Wimpy there but she never took us there as it was "too expensive". One day she couldn't take us so my dad had to, us kids had hatched a plan and as we got to Wimpy we told dad that "mum always takes us there for lunch" so he did. When we got home he contronted mum about why she always takes us there as it's so bloody expensive. I can't remember if we got in trouble for it or not though.

    I love the concept of sitting down to eat your Wimpy and chips on a plate with a knife and fork. I still to this day always cut my burgers in half to eat them if they arrive on a plate, ala Wimpy.

    Leave a comment:


  • ridski
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
    MMM kmickerbocker glories, only ever had those a few trimes, they were a special treat

    Visits to places like Wimpey were few and far between for me, mot for sister though who worked in one in the 70's.

    There's a wimpy a couple of miles away from me at the motorway service station, I've never been though, may pay a visit one night
    We used to have a Wimpy in Parkway in Camden. Loved it in there. You could get a mixed grill, which consisted of half their menu on one plate, then follow it up with either a Brown Derby, a Knickerbocker Glory, or a Banana Long Boat, where they split the banana lengthwise and filled it with sugary goodness.

    Leave a comment:


  • branny
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    That's just lazy. make your own. Half lamb mince, half beef mince. Lovely

    Leave a comment:


  • Derekflint
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    If you want a nice burger, hit up your chippy if they do them - freshly done.

    Mmmmmm.

    Down West Bay on the south coast, there's a small stand run by a Frenchman that makes the most awesome burger I've ever had...

    Leave a comment:


  • HG
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    Thanks for the warning Kaz, may leave them confined to memory

    Leave a comment:


  • kazboot
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
    MMM kmickerbocker glories, only ever had those a few trimes, they were a special treat

    Visits to places like Wimpey were few and far between for me, mot for sister though who worked in one in the 70's.

    There's a wimpy a couple of miles away from me at the motorway service station, I've never been though, may pay a visit one night
    Don't do it HG! I had a burger at a motorway services Wimpy a couple of months ago and it was revolting!

    Leave a comment:


  • Richard1978
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    I can't remember if the Burger King in Stockport was ever a Wimpy, I know a lot of Wimpys became Burger Kings at the end of the 1980s.

    The last old school Wimpy I saw was in Northamptonshire over 10 years ago. I read there was a buy-out of some of them when the rest became Burger Kings.

    Leave a comment:


  • rossobantam
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    in the 70's there was ONLY Wimpy....in Doncaster no McDonalds/Burger King etc

    We now have 5 McDonalds in Donny

    just Googled Wimpy .....since the 2007 buyout they have re-introduced the old logo used 1960-80's, and gone back to the old trad. colours of red & white. Hurrah!

    Wish more co's would use 'older' stuff..logos, ads etc

    Leave a comment:


  • HG
    replied
    Re: Wimpy

    Originally posted by kazboot View Post
    Knickerbocker Glories in the 70s were fantastic! They were huge and easily the best thing about Wimpy.
    MMM kmickerbocker glories, only ever had those a few trimes, they were a special treat

    Visits to places like Wimpey were few and far between for me, mot for sister though who worked in one in the 70's.

    There's a wimpy a couple of miles away from me at the motorway service station, I've never been though, may pay a visit one night

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X